Breadcrumb completely wrong on Products and categories

This seems to be a common question with no answers.

I have a product in one category only one level down, however the breadcrumb includes random categories from god knows where.

for example, this is what is appearing:

> Chimney Flue Liners > Steel Liners > Chimney Pots>Fireplace Components > Firebrick > 8" Socket & Spigot Bend.

but it should be:

> Chimney Flue Liners  > 8" Socket & Spigot Bend

these are completely randomly added:

> Steel Liners > Chimney Pots>Fireplace Components > Firebrick

how do we fix this?

David

> Chimney Flue Liners>Steel Liners>Chimney Pots>Fireplace Components>Firebrick>8" Socket & Spigot Bend - See more at: http://store.lagan-group.com/chimney/chimney-flue-liners/20-socket-spicket-bend-.html#sthash.O2nXNXSP.dpuf
> Chimney Flue Liners>Steel Liners>Chimney Pots>Fireplace Components>Firebrick>8" Socket & Spigot Bend - See more at: http://store.lagan-group.com/chimney/chimney-flue-liners/20-socket-spicket-bend-.html#sthash.O2nXNXSP.dpuf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem  in 6.0.5 and i solved this way (sorry for my english):

- Create a new Root category for each shop in Multistore Section

- Associate all the categories from one shop to the root category of this shop (by default, there was associated at home root category)

the problem was the breadcrumb take all the categories existing in root home, if each shop have an own root category, everything it's ok

i hope is clear... :huh:

Edited by bea77 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had the same problem  in 6.0.5 and i solved this way (sorry for my english):

- Create a new Root category for each shop in Multistore Section

- Associate all the categories from one shop to the root category of this shop (by default, there was associated at home root category)

the problem was the breadcrumb take all the categories existing in root home, if each shop have an own root category, everything it's ok

i hope is clear... :huh:

Hello. Thank you very much for your answer.

It works and now it's perfect.

• 4 weeks later...

Adding a news categories for one of my shops in my multi store prestashop 6.0.5 the problem is here again ! :wacko:

I tried everything, nothing works, the next step is i'll going to the DB directly and i will clear the tables... :ph34r:

but it must to be a better solution for this, if someone else can help...