How to overlay Login/Register & Cart on the horizontal menu?

generalexperts

I have the 'Login/Register' link and the 'cart' on the top right of my page. I would like to move them down so they are on top of the menu. I know it's possibly to move them, but I was unable to get them to be displayed on top. When I tried to move them before they would go behind the horizontal menu. I was trying to do this in the blockuserinfo.css. Any help is appreciated! I am using Prestashop 1.5.4.

Thanks!

I have cut and pasted the cart down to where I would like it to go in photoshop. And the login/Register, I would like moved on top of the horizontal menu bar as well. I would like the login/register with a border and and different font color, but I think I can figure that out after It is overlayed on top. Thank you!

Edited by generalexperts (see edit history)

Hi.

The correct way would be to include them in the menu, but that would require some changes. An approach would be to leave the <div> of the menu open, position the user info after the menu and close the <div> in the user info tpl file. Or you can force it with CSS.

With CSS you should set the position as absolute and give it a high z-index.

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team

Edited by CartExpert.net (see edit history)

I am trying the CSS method as I don't exactly understand how I would do the other options. I am not able to get it to overlay with setting the position to absolute. Could you help me further with exactly what I need to change. Basically I want to overlay it and have the ability to change the font, color and size. Thank you!

Edited by generalexperts (see edit history)