Cart rules not working

Hello,

I tried to create a cart rule for free shipping for every order above 49 €.

I also created one for free shipping for a customers first order.

The cart rule for first order works well, and is applied, BUT only in the end, like when you are about to pay with for example paypal.

It doesnt say free delivery in the cart which irritates customer, they think that they got tricked into paying delivery free. Most customers dont stay to find out that they wont ave to pay in the end. They just leave the site.

Now to the "above 49€" issue...

Same thing happens, you cant see the free deliviery text until the end, AND that only if you use ColiPoste as carrier. If you use So Colissimo which is our default carrier. The customer wont even get their free delivery.

Now.. i assume that the fact that you dont see the free delivery text in the cart is a prestashop bug? Ive read about simular issues with other prestashop users.

But what about the So Colissimo bug? Why does the free delivery over 49€ works with the other carriers but not so colissmo? We need to have so colissimo as default so changing to coliposte is not an option.

For the moment, while we triy to fix this issue, we have to go back to basic settings like "free shipping starts at 49 €"( under shipping>shipping) , and if works perfectly, its displayed in the cart straight away.

The problem is just that we cant keep using that. We deliver to many countries where we dont want the free delivery to start at 49 €. It would cost too much.

Anyone had this issue or has any ideas?

Thanks!

/Anna

Hello, thanks for replying!

We dont use the advanced stock that you are talking about, so i cant imagine that this is something that could have caused the issue. What do you think? Do i need to start using it, to make the cart rules work, and for the "free delivery" text to show in the cart?

Hi, Anna

I am also new with Prestashop,  we did use advance Stock management, and after setting transporter, there is not more this problem. 

I also tried long time to set in Zone, Group, Cart rules.. but we found it is stock setting issue, you can try with stock management I think

Where are you setting up the Free Shipping over 49 dollars?

Usually if you are using a module, the configuration for any free shipping options would be in the module itself.

When you make a cart rule for free shipping, I advise you to have a Voucher code. That way, the customer can know to input the voucher code in order for them to feel secure knowing that the free shipping voucher works. 

See screenshot, i set up the free shipping form 49 euros here.

So you mean that the cart rule would work if i add a voucher code to the cart rule? The problem isnt only that "free delivery" didnt display in the cart until the very end (even though that is a serious problem), the problem was also that the cart rule only worked with one out of two carriers. The second one : so colissimo, still charged for shipping ! :S

We dont use any module for the free shipping, or what do you mean?

I would gladly give you Bo access so that you can see if we did something wrong or not, we currently deactivated the cart rule im talking about, called  "frais des ports offerts", since it didnt work well, but i guess you could see if we did something wrong even if its not activated....?

• 1 year later...

Hi I have similar issue here,

My prestashop is 1.6.0.8, I've set charges on Carrier with price, there are charge for order 150.

I have a voucher code in cart rule, if customer entered the code, freeshipping will apply on the order (all categories), and there is no minimum order (set to 0 ald).

But when I tried to checkout with the voucher code, the shipping charges is still apply...

It there any solution for this issue?

Urgently needed.

Thank you.