Serve static content from a different domain to avoid unnecessary cookie traffic

SHIROKO

The dead simplest way to do it is to serve it from something like MaxCDN, it will strip the cookies that way. But it will take some customization if you are running an ssl certificate and do not want to purchase a wildcard one. 

A cheap method without MaxCDN is to edit the cname of a sub domain to point to your site root, it will give you the parallel download abilities, but it will not strip off all the cookies. Namely the GA cookie will not be stripped off. 

Hi Dh42,

Thanks for your response. I'd like my PrestaShop to be PCI compliant and use an EV SSL.

I can't imagine an Ecommerce without this minimum requirement when you accept online CC payments.

I personnaly don't even sign up on non SSL + trusted websites, so for shopping on those websites...

So if I understand, I have no choice, but use a CDN compatible with EV SSL certificates ?

Is there no workaround to deliver on my own static content cookiefree without stripp off cookies ?

Thanks

The dns request would be the same if you use a subdomain. You cannot run varnish on the same server and only have it work on a subdomain from my understanding. The major benefit to using a CDN service is the edge servers. Images and static files are servered from servers that are geographically closer to the user. This speeds things up greatly. Some can also recompress your images to make them smaller automatically, where just using Prestashop you cannot do that. 

I'm a bit lost tbh...

There is SOOOOO many things to twik that I have no idea what the best combinaison is.

Assuming I have access to a CDN, Google mod_pagespeed enabled on my server, what are the best settings from BO in performance section to make my PrestaShop FLY ?

I installed Nginx on my server instead of Apache, it already speeded up the pages loadtime.

Can I use Varnish + Memcached together with my CDN ?

Thanks !

• 3 years later...