Product reviews in 1.6 - How will you collect them

FluffyCat

Hi

I am very happy to see that you are incorporating the star rich snippets in 1.6. I have not tested the alpha myself so apologies if this is already available.

What we have see experimenting with different review solutions are:

1. We need reviews to be properly connected to each language. This is for instance not handled out of the box with Yotpo. I do not want to show French reviews on an english page for instance. I assume that will be handle by default no?

2. I would like that the review box is not even shown if there are no reviews. For a new store it might actually be intimidating that there are no reviews in all of the products. So its important to have the option to not show anything if there are no reviews.

3. Will you provide us with a mail after purchase review request system? This is by far the best/only effective way to have people write reviews or will that require third-party modules? It would be awesome if Prestashop would manage sending an email x days after the package is delivered asking for the review.

4. We will not allow reviews to be entered directly on the product page. Looking for instance at eKomi or other established players this is not permitted. To me it looks too much like commenting on a forum post and if its open to anyone I think the clients will not take it seriously.

5. Are you considering a Store Review option? That would be great as well, to not only be able to rate products but also the store itself.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

Hi ajensen

Thanks for the comment.

Yotpo has a good basic concept but the freemium mail templates are very limited, you can not put your own logo or any custom formatting in the mail that goes out to the customers in your name. Then if you want to Pro version to have this option, its 150$/month. For a small store paying 1500$+ per year to collect reviews might not be a option. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

what about snippets for reviews ? I tried this code in product.tpl ,but there are no stars in google snippets tool.

<div itemprop="aggregateRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating">

<span class="hidden" itemprop="ratingValue">{hook h="yotpoProductAverageScore" product_id=$product->id}</span>
        <span class="hidden" itemprop="ratingCount">{hook h="yotpoProductReviewCount" product_id=$product->id}</span>

</div>

I get no error in testing tool but no stars ...

The Yotpo module does all this and it's FREE. Pretty awesome system too. Check it out.

Hi ajensen

Thanks for the comment.

Yotpo has a good basic concept but the freemium mail templates are very limited, you can not put your own logo or any custom formatting in the mail that goes out to the customers in your name. Then if you want to Pro version to have this option, its 150$/month. For a small store paying 1500$+ per year to collect reviews might not be a option. 

YOTPO (free) or TRUSTEDSHOPS (not FREE) are very good. We had a very very BAD experience with eKOMI.

what about snippets for reviews ? I tried this code in product.tpl ,but there are no stars in google snippets tool.

<div itemprop="aggregateRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating">

<span class="hidden" itemprop="ratingValue">{hook h="yotpoProductAverageScore" product_id=$product->id}</span>
        <span class="hidden" itemprop="ratingCount">{hook h="yotpoProductReviewCount" product_id=$product->id}</span>

</div>

I get no error in testing tool but no stars ...

@Ajensen and @Frenchmaster -- Thanks for the kind words! It makes our day to hear that you guys like Yotpo enough to recommend it to others!

@Fluffycat -- Yotpo Premium plans start at $30/month and include all the awesome features (like customizing your mail templates, awesome SEO tools, great community-building features). $30/month covers you for up to 300 orders. More than that? You'll pay 10 cents for every order above 300.

@nasos Yotpo Premium plans also include Rich Snippets. If you're having trouble getting them to work, please don't hesitate to contact our awesome Support team at [email protected].

Thanks!

Hey FluffyCat,

Due to the way Outlook is built, our InMail form won't work there. As a workaround -- we include a link where Outlook users can click to leave a review.

We can see which programs people use to open our review request emails, and a very small percentage are using Outlook. The majority of people are opening them in a webmail client or on their phones.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!