voucher help

hi.

i'm finding the voucher system confusing... & no wiki entry to help.

how do i set up a one-off discount voucher for a particular customer?

also, reading some threads... is there still the problem with no code entry box, if customer goes directly to checkout?

i don't want to set it up unless it works!
:roll: fly

When you create your voucher, you can select which customer the voucher is for - 'To be used by....'.
Set 'Total qty' and Qty per each user' to 1
This gives you one voucher, to be used once by only one customer.
Don't know about the no code entry box, I'm sure someone will :)

• 5 weeks later...

Please, is it possible to use "discount voucher for all customers" also for NEW customers? (= accounts created later than voucher). It doesn´t work in my Prestashop 1.1.0.5.

I would like to give gift vouchers before customer accounts are created. Thanks for any help!

• 2 months later...
Please, is it possible to use "discount voucher for all customers" also for NEW customers? (= accounts created later than voucher). It doesn´t work in my Prestashop 1.1.0.5.

I would like to give gift vouchers before customer accounts are created. Thanks for any help!

My way around this is to setup a voucher that is useable by all customers called xxxx (or whatever you want to call it). Then you edit the email that gets sent out when new users register (somewhere in the mails folder) to say something like: "Thanks for signing up, your voucher xxxx is available to use immediately."

With this method, every new user that registers gets an email during registration that tells them about the discount voucher