Vat number show always

VAT-module is only for Europe. There is no possibility to show and check VAT-no. for other countries. If your customer is coming from the EU that this lines will be shown, if your customer is outside, so the lines are hidden, because an automatic check on database of webservice working behind . If it is not possible to check the ID, so the module block cart from buying. Same, if customer type a wrong VAT-ID. This is what this module does and the way it works.

If you need an extra field also for other countries, so add this as fix field to your template, but you will be not able to use automatic check services for if the no. is correct and registered to the person in address.

Add extra fields:  Back-office -> Customers -> Addressess -> set required fields for this section (last option there). Set VAT_number and save.

Hello,

I don't think you understood my question.

I don't want the vat number is confirmed, put the module to see if it solved my problem.

The vat number does not appear when you place the data, only appears if fills in "company".

What I want is that the vat number is not required and always appear, wants to fill "campany" or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry if is to late, but I have same problem and I find a easy fix

on address.tpl ( in your theme root folder ) search for a div with id "vat_number"  .

To show all time VAT number change  that div id  to something else  <div id="xxx"> .

That way the trigger to display none for that div don't exist anymore.

For my theme I don't have any css style for id  vat_number.

• 2 years later...