Prestashop 1.5.6.1 + PayPal USA, Canada 1.3.1 issues

tgintz

I've read through and there seems to be a lot on this topic, but very few solutions other than to have someone look at the online shop. I've tried a good chunk of what people have recommended, but I'm still having the same issues.

I've got Fatcow hosting and installed Prestashop 1.5.6.1. It comes with Paypal USA 1.3.1. I've got a business PayPal account and have done all of the API setup.

My issues are as follows:

1) Every time I check out, if redirect (Paypal side) is set to yes, I go back to a page showing "you have not placed any orders" and it takes sometimes a good minute to have an order show in the users profile after hitting refresh. It seems that the order processes through PayPal, but redirects before Prestashop has processed the paypal payment. I realize I may have slow hosting, but how to fix? Even having the user return to a page that says thanks for your order, it will be processed soon.

2) When I turn redirect off, and click on the link, I get to the same page and it takes sometimes a good minute to have an order show after hitting refresh.

3) Sometimes, when I check out, it acts as above, showing "you have not placed any orders", and the order never shows up on front or back office, but on the paypal side, the order has completely processed and the money has debited from the user's account.

4) Every once in a while, on backoffice within an order, "Refund" is not available because it says the order is older than 60 days, but it was processed minutes earlier.

I gave up using several other carts (none of which had a paypal issues) on the same hosting service, using the same paypal API and had no issues.

Can someone help me out? I got prestashop because of some of the modules I'd like to use, but if I can't even get paypal to work (My primary payment gateway), I guess I'll go back to another shopping cart software.

but very few solutions other than to have someone look at the online shop. I've tried a good chunk of what people have recommended, but I'm still having the same issues.

In some cases especially when there are multiple issues it is difficult to debug without access.  There are some very good people that do paid services at reasonable rates.  This option is best if you would like to get this resolved and be productive building your catalog.

For best results it's best practice to post one question/issue in your post.  One may try to help with 1. but maybe not 2. 3. and 4.

Thanks El Patron.

My hunch is that the issues are all part of the same thing problem with Paypal to Prestashop communication. Something is either delaying the processing, or the module is processing things out of order and not giving itself time to commit the order.

Hello,

This is what happens when a customer checks out using paypal :

• Your website passes on the details about the order to paypal.
  • Your Customer pays at paypal.
  • Paypal posts back to your website with the transaction details.
  • Now your website again posts back to Paypal to make verify that it was indeed Paypal that posted the transaction details.
  • After verify that it was indeed paypal, an order is created.

Now step 3 is quicker it happens as soon as you make the payment. Step 4 is your website verifying paypal transaction details with paypal. For this purpose the paypal module uses cURL (a PHP library). I run my websites on a dedicated server and my cURL requests are always faster. So an order is created whenever the user is back to the website. Try here : http://demo.prestastrap.com/prestashop1.5.6

But I have come across your scenario and there could be lot of reasons :

• Your web server connection is slow ( Note your webserver connection is different from your connection).
  • cURL issues could be problems in resolving the DNS, could be because of connection. You can debug your cURL transfers using curl_getinfo. That would give you more information like what is the time taken for lookup , etc. (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_getinfo.html)

Fixing the cURL problem will resolve 1 & 2.

For 3 & 4 - The most general reason is the data received from Paypal and the data your website sent does not match. Hence no order is created or there is an issue in formatting the date and hence the order created date is wrong (so you are not able to process refund). This can be resolved only when we look at what exactly is causing the problem by reproducing the scenario.

Thanks.

I've read through and there seems to be a lot on this topic, but very few solutions other than to have someone look at the online shop. I've tried a good chunk of what people have recommended, but I'm still having the same issues.

I've got Fatcow hosting and installed Prestashop 1.5.6.1. It comes with Paypal USA 1.3.1. I've got a business PayPal account and have done all of the API setup.

My issues are as follows:

1) Every time I check out, if redirect (Paypal side) is set to yes, I go back to a page showing "you have not placed any orders" and it takes sometimes a good minute to have an order show in the users profile after hitting refresh. It seems that the order processes through PayPal, but redirects before Prestashop has processed the paypal payment. I realize I may have slow hosting, but how to fix? Even having the user return to a page that says thanks for your order, it will be processed soon.

2) When I turn redirect off, and click on the link, I get to the same page and it takes sometimes a good minute to have an order show after hitting refresh.

3) Sometimes, when I check out, it acts as above, showing "you have not placed any orders", and the order never shows up on front or back office, but on the paypal side, the order has completely processed and the money has debited from the user's account.

4) Every once in a while, on backoffice within an order, "Refund" is not available because it says the order is older than 60 days, but it was processed minutes earlier.

I gave up using several other carts (none of which had a paypal issues) on the same hosting service, using the same paypal API and had no issues.

Can someone help me out? I got prestashop because of some of the modules I'd like to use, but if I can't even get paypal to work (My primary payment gateway), I guess I'll go back to another shopping cart software.

Have you fixed this issue? Actually I am also getting the same.

No I have not. I still had issues when I uninstalled Paypal USA. I looked at my options. All of the other shopping cart packages I've tried worked flawlessly with their included "free" paypal module. I didn't want to pay for the $200 Paypal Pro, so I decided to remove Prestashop since it seems that there are underlying issues that Prestashop has declined to fix ....I'm going not by my issues alone, but the thread upon thread of Paypal USA issues.

Maybe when they put some effort into the Paypal USA module I'll reconsider, but I don't have a ton of time to fix this right now.