Job Offer: Upgrade to 1.5x and some fixes

happymug

My company sells unroasted (green) coffee and roasted coffee

I'm currently running Prestashop 1.4.8.2 and would like to upgrade.

I have a custom-coded theme but no longer am in contact with the coder.

Once the upgrade is, or isn't, successful, I have several additional projects, but the most important ones are the following:

-on the left sidebar of most pages, there is a menu item that says "subscriptions"   I no longer offer subscriptions. I would like the menu item to say "tea" and point to http://www.happymugcoffee.com/en/28-tea

-on the green coffee page (http://www.happymugcoffee.com/en/5-green-coffee) only some of the products in each category are displayed.  I would like for EVERY product in this category to be displayed on this page.  for example, if you click on the "African" subcategory you will see that there are actually 15 products for sale in the African subcategory, but this page lists just 5 of them.

-I briefly accepted Paypal payments but there were too many errors. About a third of the time, the state code would be blank and cause the whole order to be rejected.  If this is a known bug and has a fix, I'd like to put Paypal back up as a payment option. 
___
I do now know anything about websites or coding -- my passion is coffee.  But I figure if you like websites then you have a ballpark idea how long these tasks will take you, and what compensation you need to accomplish these fixes.  So give me a ballpark estimate of what you need, and maybe we can make a deal.

My company sells unroasted (green) coffee and roasted coffee

I'm currently running Prestashop 1.4.8.2 and would like to upgrade.

I have a custom-coded theme but no longer am in contact with the coder.

Once the upgrade is, or isn't, successful, I have several additional projects, but the most important ones are the following:

-on the left sidebar of most pages, there is a menu item that says "subscriptions"   I no longer offer subscriptions. I would like the menu item to say "tea" and point to http://www.happymugcoffee.com/en/28-tea

-on the green coffee page (http://www.happymugcoffee.com/en/5-green-coffee) only some of the products in each category are displayed.  I would like for EVERY product in this category to be displayed on this page.  for example, if you click on the "African" subcategory you will see that there are actually 15 products for sale in the African subcategory, but this page lists just 5 of them.

-I briefly accepted Paypal payments but there were too many errors. About a third of the time, the state code would be blank and cause the whole order to be rejected.  If this is a known bug and has a fix, I'd like to put Paypal back up as a payment option. 
___
I do now know anything about websites or coding -- my passion is coffee.  But I figure if you like websites then you have a ballpark idea how long these tasks will take you, and what compensation you need to accomplish these fixes.  So give me a ballpark estimate of what you need, and maybe we can make a deal.

Ready to help you, PM sent!

It sounds like the upgrade to 1.5 is going to be complicated and $500+ just for that, so what if we forget the upgrade and just fix the bug on the product page so that it lists all of my inventory?  It that a relatively simple fix?  Or am I better off abandoning PrestaShop and using a different platform?  I really don't know anything about website coding, and that is frustrating. 

It sounds like the upgrade to 1.5 is going to be complicated and $500+ just for that, so what if we forget the upgrade and just fix the bug on the product page so that it lists all of my inventory?  It that a relatively simple fix?  Or am I better off abandoning PrestaShop and using a different platform?  I really don't know anything about website coding, and that is frustrating. 

Please check your PM or please share me your email or skype.

Thanks

You have to weigh up if the costs are worth the benefit. If you plan to keep a store long term you are going to have to have something to run it in and you will want to upgrade at some point.

Sometimes the cost is worth it. Once you get your 1.5 up and running with a good quality and well designed theme you should be able to do the job yourself for future upgrades.