tinyMCE (CMS content editor) background color changed, but doesn't work on larger files

Hello all,

I did the edit to my tinyMCE background color, since my site uses a background color that is not white. The edit is found here:

http://mypresta.eu/en/art/developer/tinyMCE-backgrund-and-font-color-change.html

When I edit larger CMS files (such as a terms and conditions page) the backgound goes back to white at the lower portion of the page, and also the selection tool doesn't work in that area either, most likely because of the color of the selected text is white.

Is this some issue that has a fix? Is it perhaps related to some numeric value in some config file that needs to be increased?

Again, this only happens to larger CMS files, the background change simply seems to work only up to a certain file size. I have included a portion of a screen shot to illustrate what is going on.

Thank you again for any ideas?

Jason

post-660161-0-91010400-1389985165_thumb.jpg

Edited by rustyclockwork (see edit history)

Hi Vekia,

Yeah, this is all from my admin section, and even after the file is updated and saved, and closed, the area shown in the screen shot will still look like that when I return to edit the file. Again, this only happens with larger files. Is there a resource config file that tinyMCE uses that may limit page size? But then again, that doesn't make sense, as the pages aren't truncating the text, it's just the background reverts back to white after a certain size is reached.

I need to clarify that this is only affecting the CMS edit section of prestashop, the customer view of the website looks fine.

Thank you,

Jason

Edited by rustyclockwork (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

BackofficeScreenshot.png

This is my description editor with the dark background fix in your tutorial.  As you can see, the dark color only goes down partially, but if I scroll down or switch to full-screen mode, it does not fill the whole screen.

• 2 months later...