Newsletter block does not work if not shown on home page

Hi,

It seems strange. If I remove the newsletter block from home page and subscribe from inner pages, then the email id does not gets register. {Also it redirects to home page after submitting email id in the form without any confirmation message}

If I show the 'newsletter block' on home page, then even if i register email id from any inner page, it gets registered {though it gets redirected to home page but gives confirmation message}.

I do not want the block to be shown on home page but inner block should work correctly.

I am using 1.5.6.1

Any help would be highly appreciated.

so why you remove the newsletter from home? and what you mean by "remove" 

you removing module from displayHome hook? empty the .tpl files? 

where module is attached then? what hook?

I purchased a template from template monster. In the design it did not had 'newsletter block' on home page. From inner pages the newsletter block was not working. I found that if I place the block on home page, then it works. {This I tested with Prestashop default theme also and it had same results}.

Remove means that in Admin Panel-->Positions-->Right column blocks -->Newsletter block 1.4-->{in the list of 'Exceptions'->'Index' is selected} So if I deselect it, then it works. But home page design gets distorted because the block appears there. 

I do not want 'newsletter block' on home page due to design constraints.

Please let me know any solution....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just realised I have the same problem with the Newsletter module. When I try subscribing through the default theme it works fine, as it's displayed in the homepage (but is on all other pages). On my other theme it does not work, as it does not appear on the homepage (I can only see it hooked into the header).

How can I hook it into the homepage and do the "display:none! trick that you did to make it work?

Many thanks in advance!

Module can be hooked from admin panel --> Modules --> Positions --> Transplant a module

Once it is done just check the generated coding of home page in browser. Find the div of newsletter. Find its class or id and set the property of that class/id to 'Display:none' in your css file.