Connect a specific product to a special carrier/payment method (PS 1.4.2.5)

Hi!

I have a problem with connecting a specific category or product to a specific carrier/payment method in Prestashop 1.4.2.5.

I´ve tried to create different customer groups but have not succeed to figure this out since I then need more than 1 default customer group (otherwise the guest checkout will not work). 

We sell both "real" products and digital products. I want the digital products to be fright free and delivered by e-mail. The rest of the products delivered by post or picked up in our store. How can I lock these combinations together? I don´t want the customers to have to loggin.

Is there any module for this or can I solve it on any other way? I´ve tried the module "StiffCarrierCateg" but the version I got hold of had a lot of errors and did not seem to work.

I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance!

/ Anna

For Prestashop 1.4.2. there are several paid modules realizing this. Please take a look into the Add-ons or at least search with google. By default it is not possible to map carriers to customer groups, only payment methods to customer groups.

Other possibility is to upgrade to PS 1.5. On this version you are able by default to map carriers to products (not to customer groups).

For Prestashop 1.4.2. there are several paid modules realizing this. Please take a look into the Add-ons or at least search with google. By default it is not possible to map carriers to customer groups, only payment methods to customer groups.

Other possibility is to upgrade to PS 1.5. On this version you are able by default to map carriers to products (not to customer groups).

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, I suspected that. I´ve been googling this for quite some time now.

I´ve even tried to talk with Prestashop thru their chat.

They then told me that it is a solution for this, but I have to sign up for their 1.995 € support package for them to tell me :P

The cheapest add-on I found for this was at 150 € and that price is out of the question.

Upgrading to 1.5 was a solution before, but now I´m almost done with the webshop and it would be to time consuming to start over again.

All I can do is to keep on looking and hopefully I find some solution ahead :)

Thanks again!

Keep in mind that free solutions do not necessary have to work out of the box. Best way ist to post your questions on the topic you downloaded the module not working and hope for to get help direct from the developer.

Thanks! I know :)

I have an idea how I can work around this, but the best thing would of course to find a better module for this (hopefully one that dosen´t have to cost me a fortune) or find the way that the prestashop support chat was talking about.

The module that we found (StiffCarrierCateg) is an old module that can´t be downloaded anymore.

We found it here in the Prestashop Forum since a lot of people is looking for a solution of this problem.

Thanks again for your answer.