Custom category page

Stwief

I'm using PrestaShop to build a basic website, including a webshop-funtionality.

Therefore, most of my pages are just informational pages.

To give you an idea, here's the website (in progress):

http://www.granelco.be/index.php?MAT=gr.an.el.co

I use cms-category's which display in my horizontal menu. The sub-menu links to the different pages. So far, everything works as expected .

However, when i click on the top-menu-item (the category-name), I get to the category-page, which holds a list of all the sub-pages.

Instead, I would like to create a custom page. I want to be able to edit the content of these category-pages.

Is there a way this can be done?

Any help is welcome!

do you mean you want to get rid of the left hand side bar with the category links on the cms pages?

also, you can edit the cms pages however you like from the back office > preferences > cms - then select the cms page you want to edit.

I think they mean

The site has 3 items in the topmenu bar

If you hover it brings up the sum-menu items

But if you click one of the 3 top items, a page comes up with a list of the sub-menu items.

It would be good to be able to customise that, even if it means the top menu item points to a cms page of your choice.

I wanted to do this but couldnt find a way, so just made the page a bit better by redesigning it using css

See image

post-404663-0-92776700-1389204653_thumb.jpg

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

Great, this was exactly what I was looking for.

It would be nice if you could just edit every category page like any other cms page, but this workaround will definitely solve many problems for my current project.

The solutions provided in the thread ' http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/264704-beautifying-the-cms-category-pages/ ' gave me another idea as well: you can just create a custom text for all of the category pages, by just changing the language-php files. Instead of 'list of pages in ... ' , I changed the text in a custom text. Of course this means having to adjust all the language-files, but in this particular case, it's a solution that fits my needs just fine.

Thanks for all the help!