9.7 to RC 4

I am also interested in this process.

I have established a shop with 0.9.7 and made some minor changes to the .tpl files to configure the site to my requirements. I would rather not do a complete new install and manually rebuild the site. So any hints would be much appreciated.

I have read the various update posts but still feel a little uneasy about the update as the existing shop is working as I want it without any issues.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers and thanks in advance Peter A

The RC4 is very nice, but I still have a lot of problems upgrading from 9.7.
I was digging everywhere, but I still have the following questions not resolved:

How did you transfer the adresses, categories and the products tables in your database?
Why RC4 does not display the special caracters (äöüéèàÄÖÜÉÈÀ) in a proper way? Quest-ce-q'il font les Français?
How did you transfer the translations (I'm using German)?
How did you transfer your own theme with its own css-files?

Why don't you put all the translations on a table in the database instead of leaving them on the end of a tree of directories?
Is there a list of all files in every directory, with an information, if it contains changes and when they where made?

If upgrading from 9.7 to RC4 means to dig in the whole directory-tree and to retype all adresses, categories, products and translations again by hand, it's too much work for an user who wants to run business on PrestaShop.

Thanks for your help :-)

Hi,

There is nothing more to do to upgrade from a 0.9.7.2 to a RC 4.

Just make a back-up of your files/database. (Detailed instructions available "on our wiki":/wiki/Getting_Started/#Update_PrestaShop)

Then, you can do same as an upgrade of RC3 to RC4, nothing will change :

- data are saved

- templates are saved (in your own theme dir)

- translations should change (lot's of text has changed) but RC4 include this new translations, so no problem with that

So I don't understand all your questions about this ô.O

Here my workaround for the error "no products found in category xy"

config/config.inc.php line 156:

if(is_array($_MODULES) AND !key_exists($modKey, $_MODULES)){$modKey = '<{'.$params['mod'].'}default>'.$key;}

saluti

sorry,

this is the workaround for "No products found in category xy"

classes/AdminTab.php line 781

$sql = '
SELECT COUNT(a.`id_'.$this->table.'`) AS total
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.$sqlTable.'` a
'.($this->lang ? 'LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.$this->table.'_lang` b ON (b.`id_'.$this->table.'` = a.`id_'.$this->table.'` AND b.`id_lang` = '.intval($id_lang).')' : '').'
'.(isset($this->_join) ? $this->_join.' ' : '').'
WHERE 1 '.(isset($this->_where) ? $this->_where.' ' : '').($this->deleted ? 'AND a.`deleted` = 0 ' : '').$this->_filter;

this workaround is to search also in the modules-translations which where made in Ver. 9.7:

config/config.inc.php line 156

if(is_array($_MODULES) AND !key_exists($modKey, $_MODULES)){$modKey = '<{'.$params['mod'].'}default>'.$key;}

saluti

I'm attaching my simply CMS

It's made and works in Ver. 9.7 perhaps somebody can develop more out of it. To see how it works just have a look on www.castufino.com.
To use it, add the blockcms in the table module.
Every page has its pagename, so you can create different pages.
To call the single page just use a link with ?pag=pagename.
The default pagename ist 'frontpage'.
I've stored it in the HOOK HOME so already the first page ist my 'frontpage'.
The other links are added in the blockinfos.tpl.

saluti

blockcms.zip

Wih a lot of digging I've found the solution of my problem with the special caracters:

just remove the line 27 in classes/MySQL.php:

// mysql_query('SET NAMES \'utf8\'', $this->_link);

Maybe somebody will write a convert-function for the tables from Ver.9.7 to RC4?

Saluti

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour,

Malgré l'affirmation de M. Philippe Sang plusieurs fois sur ce forum, la mise à jour de PS version 0.97 vers la RC5 est loin de se faire "sans soucis" !

Tous les caractères accentués des catégories ou des produits sont transformés ! (améliorée, suprême, etc). De même, dans le BO, onglet Catalogue, le lien Caractéristiques devient Caractéristiques ! Idem pour tous les mots accentués de l'interface BO.

Sans parler des images des produits, tout à disparu ! Régénérer les miniatures n'y change rien.

Je vais donc repasser à un backup de la 0.97... pfff

Ce qui me déçoit et surprend beaucoup, c'est qu'on avait une 0.97 presque parfaite, et qu'on dirait qu'avec les RC on a développé un nouveau produit différent à partir de zéro, bancal, et qui n'est même plus compatible avec la version précédente !!! Paradoxal, non ? Et moi avec les 700 produits encodés de ma boutique en mode production, je l'ai dans le c...l

Si qqun sait m'aider, ce serait le bienvenu.

Surtout que j'avais payé les services de Prestashop pour modifier certains modules de mon site, croyant que l'évolution se ferait sans anicroches de ce genre, je suis assez déprimé...

Merci,

R.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonjour,

Suis intéressé par votre procédure car, comme le dit le message que j'ai déposé
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/4206/
je n'arrive pas à passer de 0.9.7.2 à la version 1 finale. Au moins votre procédure pourrait me permettre d'avancer un bon bout et il ne restera qu'à la compéter pour aller de la RC4 à la 1 finale.

Je ne suis certainement pas le seul à être resté à la 0.9.7 qui est stable, mais j'aimerais faire un pas et suivre les évolution. Pour ma boutique, quelques produits et clients, des commandes et je ne peux pas me permettre de redemadner aux clients de se réinscrire parce que l'upgrade ne passe pas ...

Ceci d'autant plus que l'un de mes clients, sur ma recommandation, va démarrer avec PrestaShop en octobre ! C'est pas le moment de lâcher les utilisateurs !

Merci d'avance et meilleures salutations,
Benjamin