Is there a way to add an attachment option while checking out

Hi all,

Is there a way to add an attachment option while a user is checking out. Actually I have this online medicine shop where I need this facility for customers to upload there prescriptions while they are checking out with products. May be add that extra field just after the special instruction area. May be to display that data in the BO might be a hard stuff but can it be sent as an attachment in mail to merchants while a product is purchased. which ever is easy to figure out, will work out that way. 

I have prestashop 1.5.6.1 vers.

Many thankx

Edited by fierymech (see edit history)

After working on this for the last one an half day, I realised I am a blind man :P

Figured it out the other way round on how to get this done. For others if you want this to happen then Prestashop has this inbuilt feature as well. Just go to edit a product, click on customisation and add a upload number of fields. click on save and stay button. Then add a name to that field and if required then mark it as required. This someway solves my purpose but dont know if this would help suffice the requirement :(

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping this would do for my project I am marking this as solved. If any changes then will be sure to re-open this topic. Thankx again people :)

Ok people, seems like the way I worked around is not going to work as per the requirement :(

can anybody help me in this case wherein I would need customers to attach a file (either an image or pdf) after customer has added all the required products in cart.

This will take place while customers are checking out. At some stage while cheking out, customers will upload their prescriptions which will be viewable by admin in BO. Also if some customers forget to upload the docs, then admin from BO can add that image against that order made by the customer.

can anybody have a look into this and help me. many thankx

prestashop has got feature to upload files, but you can upload only images gif,png,jpg

you have to create customization for your products. add there 

jG81tvg.png

this is the only one feature to upload files which is available by default.

Thanks Vekia,

I had already done that before but actually this facility is for a medicine shop wherein customers will upload their medical prescription as an image, only after they have added multiple medicines in their cart. Customers would definetly not want to upload their medical prescription everytime they add a medicine in cart.

Hence wanted to have a facility to add their medical prescription at the time of checking out.

Also vekia, is their any way the admin can upload a customers medical prescription from the admin panel ->  orders for a particular customers order (if customers forget to upload their medical prescription after checking out)?

Please let me know on this.

Many thanks again and happy new year to you

prestashop has got feature to upload files, but you can upload only images gif,png,jpg

you have to create customization for your products. add there 

jG81tvg.png

this is the only one feature to upload files which is available by default.

Edited by fierymech (see edit history)

hello

Hence wanted to have a facility to add their medical prescription at the time of checking out.

Also vekia, is their any way the admin can upload a customers medical prescription from the admin panel ->  orders for a particular customers order (if customers forget to upload their medical prescription after checking out)?

unfortunately i don't know any free feature which allows to do that. Also by default there is no function to upload files during checkout. you can achieve it only with modules like: customers files upload during checkout

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Is there a way to add an attachment option while a user is checking out. Actually I have this online medicine shop where I need this facility for customers to upload there prescriptions while they are checking out with products. after there need to buy products.

Any module available.

For example website

https://www.1mg.com/