Erply & Prestashop Synchronization & Matrix/Combination Products

I currently use Erply to manage my stock and chose the cloud based program as I was interested in the integration with Prestashop as well as the ipad app.  The idea was that if I sold something at a market then the inventory would be updated on our online shop through Prestashop.

As I am trying to pull the website together I notice that the sync between Erply/Inventory.com and Prestashop does not account for matrix/combination products. This is extremely annoying as it means that each product of the matrix appears as a separate item. For example, we sell some clothes, each size appears as a separate item, rather than a drop down box where the colour/size can be selected.

Another frustrating aspect is it appears to be a manual sync and I am looking at a way to automate it so when I take a product out of stock, the stock levels update online.

I wrote the above information to the support team at Erply and received the following response:

The Prestashop connector is open source and without warranty. It is provided as a basic starting point and may require further development for customer specific needs. For this reason we provide this connector as open source to allow a Prestashop expert to develop upon it.

In order to build the connector to your specifications you would need to add these options. If you are not familiar with working with this we suggest hiring a 3rd party Prestashop expert to assist you with the changes.

I have noticed a couple of other people have asked questions about this.  Has anyone created a module where the above issues are addressed?  It might be worth fixing and charging a small amount for the module to recover costs.  Does anyone have any skills that would be able to assist and or provide advice/guidance on the time frames/costs involved.

Thanks,  Jade

The module I am currently using is:

Order Management & Inventory Management
  • Developed by : Inventory.com
  • Version :  1.5.1
  • Category :  Migration Tools
  • Description : Order & inventory management backend for PrestaShop

Details about the connector/module and information can be obtained here:  http://www.inventory.com/prestashop/integration/ or here http://erply.com/integrations-with-partners/erply-integration-with-prestashop/  (open source info can be found here).

I have no idea where to start,  I am happy to pay for the assistance, just need to find out if it is cost effective or is going to be more trouble than it's worth?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...