What is the most efficient way to update quantity?

• 4 months later...

Old topic I know but is there a detailed guide as to how to do this through PhpMyAdmin?

Of particular importance is how to differentiate between products with and without combinations as they are NOT stored in the same database table.

Can you not just use a CSV upload?

Actually, we use Store Manager, but of course there are costs associated with that (And of course that uses a CSV import also)

Thanks for the reply haylau.... I have been trying to figure that out for the past year. I have submitted quite a few posts on this issue as well there are so many other people asking about this without any solutions (other than a module) and I have tried them, including store manager. Here is the problem in a nutshell (at least for me):

I have a master spreadsheet for each of our suppliers. I receive daily updates (mainly for inventory and occasionally pricing) which updates my master spreadsheet. The problem with doing a csv upload through the BO is that I have approx 600 products but approx 1600 combinations. Some products have combinations - some do not and the way the database is set up in 1.5.3, the reference numbers do not exist in the same table and the table that does have combination data, does not have a reference column to tie in the item number with the id number.

There was once person on this form that had a method to do this, but only if you either had combinations or no combinations. For some that may work but for me, and I am sure many that offer products that come in different colors, sizes, etc..., this is a dealbreaker.

I can take my main spreadsheet and update my amazon feed in an instant. So far, with PS, it is all manual entry and as the product line grows, so does the time spent doing this. I am at a point where I am handcuffed - I have approx 1500 new fixtures I desperately need to add, but am holding off until I can find a better solution on how best to manage this aspect. 

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)

We have 1200 products all with 10 combinations and store manager works well with that so there must be some intricacy I am missing as to why yours would not work. Did you talk to store manager support? 

Also, and I have not tried this, but prestashop 1.6 seems to now have a combinations upload feature so that should work

If you are using store manager or Back office, the fact that the reference numbers are not in the same database table is irrelevant because the upload system should sort it out

Anyway, I must be misunderstanding slightly so I wish you good luck

Thanks for the reply Ron.

I could not make it work with the standalone manager - I did speak with store manager support and was told the only way to get this done was to purchase extra addons and I just was not ready to do that yet. There are a lot of useful functions but for what I need, it was overkill and hard to justify the extra expense. I have looked briefly at store commander but not in depth.