(Not resolved, but moved on) Cannot add products to cart unless logged in

I have just ugraded from 1.4.9 to 1.5.6 using 1-click upgrade and I am having an issue trying to add items to my cart. Unless I am logged in I cannot add anything to my cart.

I have tried all the usual suspects, remove www from my domain, regenerate .htaccess, disabled ajax cart etc. but havn't been able to resolve.

Can anyone advise what else to check?

Thanks...

Edited by glennlawre (see edit history)

I don't use Chrome and I don't really want to install it just to troubleshoot this issue.

I have had many different problems with this upgrade, this is just one of them. I have tried the 1-Click upgrade now a few times, each having issues.

I am thinking now I should try and just go with a new install of the latest version. However don't know how to get my database info transferred over with customers/orders etc.

Do you have any ideas if this would be possible?

Cheers...

I always backup first! I have duplicated my site in a sub-folder on my domain and create a duplicate database also.

I have run the 1-Click Upgrade on my duplicate site and this is the one I am having the issues with. Doesn't the upgrade also upgrade the database?

When I say the upgrade doesn't work, each time I have tried I have had issue with the upgraded site. Issues like the cart not working, issues with my logo not displaying etc.

I have Firebug installed, what am I looking for when I open?

Edited by glennlawre (see edit history)

So I tested doing another upgrade again and this time I can add items to my cart! However I am now having different issues with this upgrade :angry:

This is the 5th upgrade I am now on, different issue with each one...!

I will create a new post for these latest issues.