Fixed position on right column - Scrolling issue

5haun

Hi all

Have a look here http://www.saltshop.gourmetsalt.co.za/index.php

I have got a position: fixed; on my "right_column". I would like to stop it from scrolling with the page at a certain point. (As you can see it overlaps the menu, header etc.)

When the top of the "right_column" div reaches the "horizontalmenu" div, I want it to stop scrolling and become static... or something like that.

Does anybody know a jQuery method or something to do this?

Thank you!

I did this in header.tpl

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="themes/default/js/stickyfloat.js">
$( document ).ready(function() { $('#right_column').stickyfloat( {duration: 400} ); });
</script>

Errors:

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template &amp;quot;/home/gourmkdu/saltshop/themes/default/header.tpl&amp;quot; on line 55 &amp;quot;$( document ).ready(function() { $('#right_column').stickyfloat( {duration: 400} ); });&amp;quot; - Unexpected &amp;quot;: &amp;quot;, expected one of: &amp;quot;}&amp;quot; , &amp;quot; &amp;quot; , ATTR' in /home/gourmkdu/saltshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667
Stack trace:
#0 /home/gourmkdu/saltshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase-&gt;trigger_template_error()
#1 /home/gourmkdu/saltshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser-&gt;yy_syntax_error(2, ': ')
#2 /home/gourmkdu/saltshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser-&gt;doParse(2, ': ')
#3 /home/gourmkdu/saltshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(206): Smarty_Internal_Sma in
<b>/home/gourmkdu/saltshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php</b> on line <b>667</b><br />

It's not working because you call the jquery object before it is loaded.

<script type="text/javascript" src="themes/default/js/stickyfloat.js">
        $( document ).ready(function() { $('#right_column').stickyfloat( {duration: 0}); });

</script>

should go after the jquery script.

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team

Edited by CartExpert.net (see edit history)

• 11 months later...

I am using prestashop 1.06

I tried to follow the above instructions in order to have a sticky column but it didn't work. What I want to achieve actually is in the category page, I want when I scroll down the product filter box to be sticky.

So what I did.

- I uploaded the stickyfloat.js in /themes/mytheme/js folder

- Opened the /themes/mytheme/header.tpl and I edited like this:

<html lang="{$lang_iso}">
	<head>
       {literal}

<script type="text/javascript" src="themes/mytheme/js/stickyfloat.js">
        $( document ).ready(function() { $('#right_column').stickyfloat( {duration: 0}); });
        </script>
{/literal}

Still is not working...

Do I miss something?

Thank you in advance

I am using prestashop 1.06

I tried to follow the above instructions in order to have a sticky column but it didn't work. What I want to achieve actually is in the category page, I want when I scroll down the product filter box to be sticky.

So what I did.

- I uploaded the stickyfloat.js in /themes/mytheme/js folder

- Opened the /themes/mytheme/header.tpl and I edited like this:

<html lang="{$lang_iso}">
	<head>
       {literal}

<script type="text/javascript" src="themes/mytheme/js/stickyfloat.js">
        </script>
{/literal}

Still is not working...

Do I miss something?

Thank you in advance

can you share url to shop where you use this code? cases like this need an inspection

• 5 years later...