Checkout Error

Hi,

I am running PS 1.5.6.0. on a linux server. Also, I am working with the leoconv theme. Anyway, I installed PS 1.5.6.0, listed products and tested orders. Everything worked fine until yesterday when I started getting this error:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete".

This error occurs everytime I try to begin the checkout process. By the way, I am using the single page checkout scheme.

Please I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

P.S. I checked the forum in a bid to find a solution to this problem. I saw posts asking the affected parties to make SEO & URL related changes. I replicated what was stated in those posts but my problem still persists. Anyway, I earnestly look forward to receiving some help.

Hi Vekia,

I have regenerated the .htaccess file:

Methodology:

1. I renamed the old .htaccess file to .htaccess-old (backup) and tried again but it generated a 404 error

2. I went into the back office and turned the Friendly URL setting to on and tried again. It generated the

"The page isn't redirecting properly - Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that   will never complete" error. In other words, I am back to square one.

I have attached a screenshot of my SEO & URLs settings in my back office for you to look at.

BTW, I am hosting this off a shared server on the 1and1 platform.

post-731096-0-32476800-1387264938_thumb.jpg