how to manage two built e-shops in one back office by using multistore

Hello,

As a beginner of prestashop and an intern, I met some problems when I tried to use the fonction of multistore. 

I'll try to explain it clearly.

We have a e-shop that is running. I was asked to build a new one so that we could manage the two in one back office. Having nothing known, I've established the new one as the usual way to build an e-shop without using the" multistore". 

Now the new one can be launched, but we have to manage the two shops independently. I've tried to create a new shop in "MULTISTORE" in the first shop and to put the URL in it. We still have the problem: cannot mange the new shop in the BO of the first one. Everytime I click "view my shop" of the new shop, the link is to the BO of it.

I've searched much informations on Intenet, the way to manage multistore is to create a second store based on the first shop.

Now that I've made the second one separately, do u have some solutions to make it done by "MULTISTORE"?

Could anybody help? It will be appreciated if anyone can give some advice!!!!

regards,

Edited by troistroisvv (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

here is a good document from prestashop on multistore

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Multiple+Shops

I've set up 'several' of these for folks and works great.

Thx, EI Patron.

I've read this, but it cannot solve my problem. cause my second e-shop has been built up without using the fonction of multistore, and I wonder how could I manage my second e-shop in the BO of the first one. That's the point...

Do u have any other suggestions?

Thx, EI Patron.

I've read this, but it cannot solve my problem. cause my second e-shop has been built up without using the fonction of multistore, and I wonder how could I manage my second e-shop in the BO of the first one. That's the point...

Do u have any other suggestions?

If you did not build the 2nd shop using multistore then you will need to import the separate shop into the multistore.  Which is beyond the scope of multistore.  There is no feature to build 2nd store from existing shop.

For me anyway, multstore is better used to multiplex same content across multiple countries using ccTLD url's i.e .de/.fr/.etc.  This is more useful for me anyway than having one back office to run 'different' shops and is typically not thought of when thinking of how to use multshop...

If you did not build the 2nd shop using multistore then you will need to import the separate shop into the multistore.  Which is beyond the scope of multistore.  There is no feature to build 2nd store from existing shop.

For me anyway, multstore is better used to multiplex same content across multiple countries using ccTLD url's i.e .de/.fr/.etc.  This is more useful for me anyway than having one back office to run 'different' shops and is typically not thought of when thinking of how to use multshop...

EL Patron,

Thx for ur answer.

I've imported all of the database of the second shop in using the "multistore" of the first one, but it doesn't work well.

If I want to use the BO of the first shop to manage the second one, should I have to buy another domain name? then set up and configure it again

in using "multistore" of the first one?

If so, that means all should be begun from zero...and the domain name of the second shop that we have brought will be a waste. That's the worst

thing that I don't want it happen T^T

EL Patron,

Thx for ur answer.

I've imported all of the database of the second shop in using the "multistore" of the first one, but it doesn't work well.

If I want to use the BO of the first shop to manage the second one, should I have to buy another domain name? then set up and configure it again

in using "multistore" of the first one?

If so, that means all should be begun from zero...and the domain name of the second shop that we have brought will be a waste. That's the worst

thing that I don't want it happen T^T

Hi, I have no experience of importing another shop into a multistore setup.  I'd suggest posting new topic with that as the subject to get better advice.