URL Linking CMS to external html page

Is there a way to create a link in a CMS page to an external html page - and have this page display within the main window?

I don't want to branch off site, which is what it does using a standard URL link.

Using version 1.5.6.  I need to know the syntax of the URL command.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Edited by Aardvark1971 (see edit history)

hello

you can add anylink you want to your CMS editor.

but the question is: what you mean by: and have this page display within the main window?

you want to display external page betwen columns? or what? 

if so, it's almost impossible

only with some workaround like iframes

I've over 1000 external "static" pages on my (old) existing site. It will be a large job to import them all into the CMS. The only way I currently know how to do this is to create them all by hand into the CMS, one by one.

I was hoping I could simply create a link (URL) to them - but not branch offsite when they are displayed. Testing so far has failed to show this as being possible. You just confirmed it!

I hoped to display these external pages in the center column. If this were possible by any means, it would avoid a lot of additional work.

Creating CMS pages from existing content (using external html files) has some severe limitations. I've noticed problems with tables in particular, and existing URLs. Table break because of the width command shows up as 0px, causing Prestashop to crash.  No idea yet why.  Any embedded URL's in these pages break and must be redone to point to CMS pages (if the page exist - otherwise, you have to create the CMS page required first, then go back and change the link). This is really a massive headache.

Adding links appears to be easy (and it should be), but it is not. You have to know "how" to call the page ID, and then rebuild every single URL on every single page.  I've yet to find any documentation on this - but I did get some help here on the forum how to do it.

If there is another way, I've not found it yet.

The CMS html editor is also very limited, simple things like "find and replace" don't exist. Is there a better editor available?

I'm kinda frustrated. What should be easy, simply isn't. Simple things like URL's, clickable images (yet to be solved) have proven to be difficult. I'm having to ask one question at a time (here) because the documentation simply doesn't seem to cover the basics of programming.