*Missing Currency Block*

Hi there,

My website is missing the currency block beside language block on top header if I only have 1 currency. It magically reappears if I have more than 1 currencies. 

This wasn't the case with my previous installation as seen on www.mightyutan.com.my which only has 1 currency. 

How do I solve this?

Thanks.

Edited by samuel89 (see edit history)

I don't see any reason to propose a choice of one, hence the module deactivate itself.

You could if you wish inhibit such beaviour

modules/blockcurrency.php

if (0) if (!Currency::isMultiCurrencyActivated())
                        return false;

Thank you! But why does it do that now that  I have only 1 currency? I haven't changed anything code swide. Was it a bug that I triggered while doing the above mentioned steps?

Cos right now my currencies tab is showing only 1 currency as shown by the drop down menu in the website.

Thanks

You have upgraded and somebody at Prestashop as considered that giving a choice of a single option was not good. The have implemented a test. If you have applied the patch proposed, it simply dismiss the test hence work as before

I see. Just to clarify, my first and only install was prestashop 1.5.6.1. If that's what you mean by the patch.

This wasn't the case with my previous installation as seen on www.mightyutan.com.my which only has 1 currency.

Both starts with 1.5.6.1 without any patching. The "second installation" which has this problem just that I have a problem with my theme footer and I want to find out why and hence discovered the currency block issue.

Thanks

Personally?  Why have a currency block with hint of selection, but no actual 2nd..nth currency to choose from.  Granted this may make it clearer to the visitor of what currency the shop is in...

but it would seem clear for most by using that currencies symbol as defined in currency, i.e euro sign, USD, zolty...etc.

my two cents