PrestaThemes.com looking for collaborators for site redesign, thoughts and comments welcome

Hi all,

It's been quite a while since I've been on here!

PrestaThemes.com has taken a backseat due to other commitments for some time and I apologise to any visitors to my site looking for recent themes.

I still think that a site focused purely on Themes for PrestaShop would be a great resource and so I would like to send out an invitation to anyone interested in helping develop the site.

I would also like some feedback on the type of site PrestaShop users would like to see, possibly base it on a PrestaShop installation or maybe more of a social networking site where visitors/theme designers are free to join and discuss/share themes etc.

I'm not trying to tread on the toes of the PrestaShop developers, not that I pose any threat as I simply want to provide a useful resource for their product, but I thought it was best to ask for peoples opinions and input here before making any decisions.

Regards PrestaThemes.com

Well, to be honest, your "Pro" Themes look to me like any default theme comming with PS.
I'm not interested in that fact that the .css is professional as most visitors look at the shop's look and feel, and if they see a standard layout they probably move away.

To separate your business from the rest you need to do more then that.

That is the case with most Themes released for PS, free and payd ones.

Ow, and btw. nofi.

I totally agree!

The site is in desperate need of an update, the themes are now outdated and incompatible and there are only a few.

The biggest problem I faced with hosting other peoples Themes is that visitors assumed I was responsible for any errors or display problems with any of the Themes downloaded from the site.

This is why I'm leaning towards a Social Networking type site, people can register as a member for free and then post their Themes on the site and would be able to have their own 'page' and they could link to their own live demo sites needed and it would also allow any communications to be directed to the Theme creator.

It would also be good to have the option to allow members to rate Themes and have a Gallery of the highest rated Themes.

I'm really just trying to find out what people would want so the more suggestions the better, and if you feel you can offer your skills to this project then get in touch!

If you are trying to add value, then you should consider vetting themes before they appear.

I also hate having to wade through tons of themes with the default look and a few colours changed. Maybe start off with just a few high quality professional themes (doesn't prestastore do this already?) and a few well-designed free themes.

I would love to contribute..

You can use my themes to display on your website.
Am going to release one theme a month from now on.

Regarding PrestaThemes, it would be better if we develop a custom module for displaying themes and also to add custom themes at the backend.

Or

Use Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal for PrestaThemes. (I am using Wordpress and it caters to the needs super great!!)

Cheers..
Cronos