Several problems with images - Please Help...

Hi.

I am guetting out of options for this. I am having several problems with my images, at the point that i decided to delete them all and start over.

PS version 1.5.6

I will try to quickly explain.

I am migrating a store from a custom made to prestashop. Is all set, i first added all the products and for the finish i made an upload only of the pictures.

I've use Store manager for everything. I've used the URL to the pics in the current website. I left it to be done during the night, they are about 6500 pics

The problem was immetiate. Most of the products that should have pictures do not had them neither had the custom "no image" logo that was set.

I tried to regenerate thumbnails by all ways possible, always with errors.

Then i've decided to deleted all the images. I went through the backoffice - csv import, used the product name and market the field "delete images" to 1. it deleted about 5000 pics this way. The other 1500 remain.

I've made a CSV only with this products, but the .csv import does not recognize the product names (?) - I've tried to split the file in 3, but the problem remains.

then i've decided to delete through Store manager all the 1500 images one by one... one night work.

Now i try to regenerate thumbnails and i get this errors:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Premature end of JPEG file in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 365

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: '/home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/img/p/3/9/6/8/3968.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 365

Warning: imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 190

At imagemanager.php at line 365 i have:

public static function create($type, $filename)

{
switch ($type)
{
case IMAGETYPE_GIF :
return imagecreatefromgif($filename);
break;

case IMAGETYPE_PNG :
return imagecreatefrompng($filename);
break;

case IMAGETYPE_JPEG :
default:
return imagecreatefromjpeg($filename);       (LINE 365 is this!!!)
break;
}
}

At Line 190 i have:

imagecopyresampled($dest_image, $src_image, (int)(($dst_width - $next_width) / 2), (int)(($dst_height - $next_height) / 2), 0, 0, $next_width, $next_height, $src_width, $src_height);

return (ImageManager::write($file_type, $dest_image, $dst_file));

Also, i get 10 of this errors:

1. Original image is missing or empty (/home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/img/p/6/6/0/660.jpg)

it is true, the image is missing... but also for all the other products, i don't see the problem only for this 10.

First i though it had to do with permissions in the folders, but i went to check and all permissions are available.

I need some experienced input here... maybe by the lack of sleep i am not being able to get any eveolution on this... should i just try to upload everything again?

Update for further reference

I was able to solve all errors regarding pics not found by entering all of folders with errors and replace to a generic image.

I had some errors more and then i've tried to deactivate the .png pics and voila... It worked and no more problems until now.

Pictures regenerated correctly to the "no image" file and tomorrow i will try to upload again all pictures in batches of 500.

I have another doubt about this, but i will make a appropriate post about it