Products with low stock

Yeah I could do this, but due to the amount of products we have (we are a wholesale trade company) I am looking for a more automated solution.

Do you know of any advanced search modules or is there an advanced search already built in?  If I could search for items with low stock then I could just link to that search.

Guessing this may need to be something custom built?

Allo,

Yeah I have used SQL to bulk edit stock and case qty, so I think I will just do it via this using category ID's.

Thanks again for your help :)

I guess this is [solved].

go take a look, if you come up with the mysl queries to do this please post them here. :)

remember...back up back up back up

happy selling

The way I am doing this is the following;

Go into PHPMyAdmin and go to the table 'ps_product'

Then from here in the top menu click 'Export' and change the format to 'CSV' and download the file.

Open this file in Open Office (Calc), I use open office as in my opinion is works far much better than Excel, which usually results in errors on the import.

You then want to edit the correct columns in regards to stock/categories.  You can figure out which column is which by looking back in PHPMyAdmin and looking along the top of the 'browse' screen of the table selected.  In my case, categories is the 4th column along, with stock being the 12th column.

By looking at the ID numbers you can tell which product is which by looking back into the Prestashop back office.

Once you have made your edits, you will want to go back into PHPMyAdmin, but before importing the CSV, you will want to drop the date from the entire table (make sure you back up first!), once you have dropped the data (but NOT the table) you can upload the CSV file to replace all the contents of the table, as even the products that are unedited are in this file, so a full replacement upload is fine.

Once done, just hit refresh and your away :)

Hope this helps!

Let me know if anyone else needs more information.

• Like 1