[SOLVED] Problems after enable File System caching

dya007

Hi!

First off all, please excuse my english.

I'm using Prestashop 1.5.4.1, with a custom theme that worked fine until today.

Today, on request of my hosting site (a shared server), i've enabled the File System caching.

After that I have some problems:

-all the pictures of products 69 - last are missing, I have a question mark instead of pictures. The pictures of first 68 products are fine.

-the thickbox doesn't work, I've tried to enable JqZoom but it doesn't work.

-I have missing arrows in top horizontal menu (I can see the subcategories, but the arrows don't), in categories menu from left and under product image (where I have more pictures from product)

-the pictures from image home slider module are bigger than usual

I can see the product pictures in BO.  I've tried to regenerate all the pictures and clear my browsers cache but nothing's happened.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Diana

Edited by dya007 (see edit history)

Hi! I tell them this thing before enabling file system and they told me that is ok. Memcache, Xcache and APC can't be used becose it's a shared server.

On Configuration checklist in my BO I see Browser cache and compression with red altough I have file system enabled.

I've tried to disable file system cache and nothing's happened, the pictures and arrows are missing.

browse cache and compression have nothing to do with file cache.  if you hosting supports (generally it does compression) maybe not browser cache see this:

11.29.2013-17.17.png
http://screencast.com/t/L7Thu6lq

the file cache obviously does not work very well on your hosting...I won't really be able to help you debug that..hopefully someone else will know more and contribute

I didn't receive any answer from my hosting company yet, probably they didn't consider this urgent. Anyway...

The problem was bigger than I thought, I had errors with Live edit, permisions, I was looking for a solution all the week-end and finally I had the idea to replace FrontController.php with the original file from Presta 1.5.4.1.  All my settings and permissions came back, all the problems from the first message and many others was resolved, excepting the arrows from top horizontal menu (I have little empty spaces instead of arrows, I replace the image but didn't work) and missing pictures.

So, my question for now, how can I resolve that issue? I've tried everything I found on this forum, nothing's work. In BO I see question marks, but image 123.jpg, for example, is in folder img/p/1/2/3/123.jpg and I can see it, it has no error.  

Any idea? Maybe I have wrong settings in Preferences/Images?

Thank you.

I fix the issue with the missing images. I tried to regenerate thumbnails, each type once, without erasing previous images.

My hosting compnay just answer me, telling that my pictures are seeing now... I'm asking now where was they when I try to fix the problems whole week-end, with shop closed.

El Patron, I've edited my htaccess file and now my shop is compressed and I activate leverage browser caching for better loading (I tested the site with Pingdom).

• Like 1

I fix the issue with the missing images. I tried to regenerate thumbnails, each type once, without erasing previous images.

My hosting compnay just answer me, telling that my pictures are seeing now... I'm asking now where was they when I try to fix the problems whole week-end, with shop closed.

El Patron, I've edited my htaccess file and now my shop is compressed and I activate leverage browser caching for better loading (I tested the site with Pingdom).

good work!....some things just take a lot of time and head banging...glad to know you are up and running..