Manufacturers not working

Hi everyone,

I have added manufacturers to my store, they are enabled and visible in the front office by directly entering the appropriate URL.

However, if I access the manufacturers page, the manufacturers list code seems to fail or be for some reason unable to access the manufacturers information and the page returns nothing but a "there are no manufacturers" message..

I can't figure out why at all...  :unsure:

any thoughts?

any chance to get your page url to verify it ? if so, please share it

it will be helpful in this case

Hi vekia,

Thanks for you're reply. The store is currently hosted on a local server so the URL can't be accessed by anyone but me. That said, this is how they are currently structured.

mysite.com/brands

AKA - mysite.com/index.php?controller=manufacturer

returns the problem manufacturers page.. below is text copied directly from the page

home.gif > Manufacturers:
Manufacturers:

There are no manufacturers.

_________

If use either of the below URLS however..

mysite.com/brands/2-brandname

mysite.com/index.php?id_manufacturer=2&controller=manufacturer

home.gif > Phud's Dog Food
List of products by manufacturer Phud's Dog Food

Info About Phuds

Info About Phuds

More

Sort by  -- Price: Lowest first Price: Highest first Product Name: A to Z Product Name: Z to A In stock Reference: Lowest first Reference: Highest first 

Sort by  -- Price: Lowest first Price: Highest first Product Name: A to Z Product Name: Z to A In stock Reference: Lowest first Reference: Highest first 

SOLVED

As it turns out, without my knowing manufacturers/suppliers had been globally disabled in general preferences. Not sure if I did it after installation and forgot or if someone else did it and didn't tell me.

Sorry for the waste of time query.