Moving Categories and Page Tabs

Taking over a semi set up site using Prestashop (PS) and new to the platform, trying to educate myself. Nice cart BTW. In trying to adjust this new Presta cart, I am running into issues that I find rather shocking compared to my experiences with Interspire Shopping Cart (ISC), now Big Commerce (BC) for the last 4 years. ISC is the bastard child that is discontinued that was purchased and updated, BC is the new hosted monthly subscription base it migrated to that I reject.

1. In ISC, we could drag and drop categories at will. Now I have to move a bunch and it looks like I am SOL doing that and have to recreate manually? Really? No one has ever thought of a drag and drop feature for categories? Does it exist?

or for that matter, anything in admin? This should be a goal of any developer, make it easier for us to get around & drag & drop or slide is a great way to help.

2. Tabs @ bottom of product page. If I attach a cut sheet, they put a "Download" tab Inbetween the "More Info" and "Comments" tab. My questions are:

2.1 How can I add a tab for a specifications table, and call it Specs or Specifications?

2.2 How can I add a tab for various or random text or images like dimensions & name it Images or Dimensions? Does that have to go to the Downloads tab & I need to upload it that way? I want it to show in a tab, not be a download.

2.3 How can I change the sort order of these tabs? Moving one left or right?

There is nothing in the manual, so I hope someone can help. Thanks much.

1. In ISC, we could drag and drop categories at will. Now I have to move a bunch and it looks like I am SOL doing that and have to recreate manually? Really? No one has ever thought of a drag and drop feature for categories? Does it exist?

Drag'n'drop for what purposes? to change category position? or what?

im asking because prestashop has got this feature:

3WYR7mr.png

instead of clicking on arrows you can easily drag n drop categories to new positions

2) for this you have to use some custom module like extra tabs pro, with addon like that you can create as many tabs as you want.

to change tabs position (default tabs) you have to edit product.tpl file (simple replace of the code)

for non default tabs - you can manage positions in modules > positions tab (productTab hook) or also in module (if you use module to create custom tabs) configuration page.

Hi thanks for your answer. While you can move the categories in one sub category, i want to move them over to other main categories. How would I do that?

I'll look at the module for extra tabs, specifically i want it for production specifications in a table or similar.

Thanks