Grid Display ? (Magento look more professional)

Hi,

Magento default layout and design look very professional right after installation. Often, I don't have to change the default layout & design too much in Magento (for client with rather complex product nature), same to OpenCart (for clients with simple product requirements) which is also pretty shining out of the box. 

Lately, I found Prestashop 1.5 which seemed promising in the backend management which include Customer Suppport Messaging and Reward Points out of the box while providing quite flexible rules in pricing and discount like Magento.

However, Prestashop default design & layout are too ugly, it has to be totally revamped in order to be made presentable. What's puzzling me, Prestashop does NOT seem providing Grid Display like Magento & OpenCart which we can choose in the backend/frontend, seemingly Grid Display has to be hardcoded in Prestashop theme. Thanks

hello

i know many merchants which think that default theme is OK and they like it.

Everything depends on point of view, in my opinion default template isn't as bad as you said, but ofcourse several features is more than necessary (like grid display)

anyway, have you checked default theme in 1.6 ?

it is brilliant :)

Hi,

I intend to include Prestashop as 1 of my commerce solutions but after searching around, just confirmed that Grid Layout has to be hardcoded in theme. 

The UI for comparing product is not intuitive. My Account Page also looks very unprofessional & unorganized in design and layout. In short, the front-end design of Prestashop does NOT look good at all. However, the backend of Prestashop is nicer than Magento.

Hopefully Prestashop could further improve its front-end UI & UX (user experience) like Magento & OpenCart as shown below. Thanks.

post-132315-0-21749900-1385484750_thumb.png
Edited by jetwong98 (see edit history)