Problem Importing Local Database to Remote Server

I am moving a local copy of my site to my remote server.  I got the files moved ok, but I am having trouble importing the database.  

I get this message:post-491258-0-03639000-1385429336_thumb.jpg when I try to import the local database. 

I altered the config/settings.inc.php server, database name, user name, password to the new database I created.  Also I created a user and assigned it to the new database with all privileges.  

Does anyone know why I am getting this message?  

This version of phpmyadmin is slightly different than the one I am using on my local host.  The remote host version looks like it adds a version of my phpmyadmin username at the beginning of each database name.  The usernames assigned to each database are the main username plus the name of each database.  

post-491258-0-25647200-1385435773_thumb.jpgpost-491258-0-17092100-1385435819_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am not an expert but as i know ,

You must

1)Import the database to an already existing database

When you install at 1st prestashop it creates the tables into your database.So make the installation and go and drop all the tables.Then import the tables from your local database.

2)Check the database prefix

if you installed it with prefix like "ps" so the tables will be for example  ps_products you must meet the same and not like prestashop_products.

3)Did you create the database as utf8 like utf8_unicode_ci?

Check this and make the database utf8_unicode_ci if it is not.

I hope that help a little.