Upload CSV Products Very Slow and Stop Occasionally. Please Help!

Hi there,

We are currently using Prestashop 1.5.4.1. We have been having problems uploading 5000 items because it takes extremely long. So we break it up to just upload whatever necessary (around 200-300 items/upload) weekly and few files if necessary. Our image size is reasonable, at average of 50kb/image.

Our current upload rate is at average 1min/item. So to upload 200 items should take around 3-4 hours. There were occasions that the upload stopped half way and we need to check the database to know which items has been uploaded so we could load second or third files to complete the whole list.

At the same time, we do have 2 other staging sites at the same server for us to test changes before we implement to the live site. The other 2 staging sites were performing very fast compared to the live site. I uploaded 198 items to staging 1 and 2 today for about 6 minutes, compared to live site which will take at least 4 hours to complete.

Questions:

- Does anyone understand/know why is my live site performing extremely slow when it comes to upload products? Can it be simply because there are users on the site? Is there any solution?

- Why upload can stop at half way? How to prevent this from happening? The error message was something like "It's missing the category" but I have checked and rechecked the category was correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Herry

To be quite honest bandwidth / traffic means nothing in terms of hosting. When it comes down to the brass tacks you really need to know how much of a share of processing power your site is getting. Most hosts will not disclose this information, but one way to figure it out is by looking your non dedicated ip address up and seeing how many sites are hosted on it. That is not fool proof because sites on dedicated ip addresses will not be shown, but it might could shed some light on it.