Cannot add new product in BO

This is killing me. I've spent the whole day working on this issue, still don't understand.

I have even restored a backup from a week ago which I'm 100% certain was working and it does not work now.

It's not the computer either, it's doing it with my other computer.

Adding and changing categories work fine though. this is driving me crazy.

What I did now is install a brand new version and I copied the files over my install.

Adding product worked again but once I changed the database credentials to access the live db again I can't login to admin anymore.

I tried copy/past the hash from a new password and although that worked to connect as a customer it did not to admin. Now I have to figure that one out.

Edited by claybourg (see edit history)

no jquery library included, are you able to verify page source, check jquery library (jquery-1.7.2.min.js)

there must be code like this (or something very similar)
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/jquery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>

There is definitely something going on with JS because the stats of the front BO page do not load either.

Today I created a 1.5.6.1 version from scratch and hooked up my 1.5.6.0 live db and the all the JS stuff worked.

What I don't understand is that even after replacing the JS folder from a fresh install it was still not working.

OMG, 3 days working on this issue pulling my hair I finally found it.

While I maintain the above post about the cleaner and I don't know if it is related or not but I found that when the site URL is set up as it should

http://screencast.com/t/blDtnVIz JS then the BO java scripts do not work.

When however these settings are set as

SITE IP ADDRESS

SITE IP ADDRESS

PUBLIC FOLDER/PRESTASHOP/

then everything works fine in the back office, not the front office then since there is an htaccess redirect.

That's why when I was using a brand new install everything was working until I hooked up the live DB which had the working site URL in it and I thought the DB was damaged somewhere.

Now however I don't know why this is happening, neither how to fix it.

Edited by claybourg (see edit history)

What i found out is that anything but my live URL works. 

For example if I enter "claybourg.com" instead of "www.claybourg.com", then java script works fine in the back office. Front office of course returns a 404 error.

Any idea what could cause this issue? I've entered a ticket with my host as well but if it is not server related they won't help.