Need good documentation on CMS

Does anyone know where I can find good documentation on CMS?

Also, I would like to know when I put CMS content on the top menu that has only 1 lever, I would like the page for that first level to come up,   I can get menus and subcategories to appear, but whe the itme on the top bar is clicked, I would like the page com be displayed, not a submenu.

Thanks,

Steve

you can create CMS categories 

zLdPJLa.png

and then create new cms pages and attach them to this category. Then in top horizontal menu configuraiton page you can select new category and add it as a menu item. It will show dropdown with attached pages.

hope that this is what you're looking for.

I am really a newbe at Prestashop, so forgive me if I am asking silly questions.

Actually, no.  I know that I can develop categories, but then on the top bar, I get dropdown menus, to go to the subcategories.  Also, the categories appear in the home root, which I don't want, they when you select home, they are displayed as well.

That is why I am looking for some good documentation on CMS.  I have a number of questions, which would probably be answered by some good documentation.

For example:

I see that product categories appear in the CMS tree, and I can put the categories on the top menu bar so I can go directly into a category list, but what I really want to do is do the same thing for particular products.  Product pages don't get in to the CMS tree.

There are pages whose links appear in the Footer section under Information that do not appear in the CMS tree, specifically, Specials, New Products, Contact Us, and Sitemap.  I would like to get some of these out of the footer and into the CMS tree.  Ditto for My Account in the footer.

There are other questions as well.  I just don't have a good feel for CMS and where things are placed.