Website not sending system emails

jeyjoo

Hi,

I have a Prestashop 1.5.6 site.

I am hosted on GoDaddy aqnd using php mail() function to send emails which GoDaddy tell me is set up on the hosting. However, I have not managed to receive email from the site yet. I have tried making an order and sending mail from the contact page, but nothing is send.

I have mail alerts module switched on

Any ideas?

Thanks

Try to configure to the SMTP service, this is better option.

BO > Advanced Parameters > E-Mail > Select Set my own SMTP parameters. For advanced users ONLY > Finally enter your SMTP data, get this from your hosting provider, in you case from godaddy

Regards.

Try to configure to the SMTP service, this is better option.

BO > Advanced Parameters > E-Mail > Select Set my own SMTP parameters. For advanced users ONLY > Finally enter your SMTP data, get this from your hosting provider, in you case from godaddy

Regards.

I did try this, but still no messages coming through. If I send a test email from the PS1.5 backoffice, I get a message sent confirmation, but the mail never arrives.

A few things I was thinking may affect this:

- Do I need to set up IMAP in the Customers/Customer service section?

- Should disable the mail alert module?

Thanks

I did try this, but still no messages coming through. If I send a test email from the PS1.5 backoffice, I get a message sent confirmation, but the mail never arrives.

A few things I was thinking may affect this:

- Do I need to set up IMAP in the Customers/Customer service section?

- Should disable the mail alert module?

Thanks

Mail alert module and whatever other module don't affect, if the test mail in Advanced Parameters > E-Mail can't sent, then any module could do, but if you say that after test the email was sent successfull, maybe is true and was sent, did you check in the spam folder ?

• Like 1

Mail alert module and whatever other module don't affect, if the test mail in Advanced Parameters > E-Mail can't sent, then any module could do, but if you say that after test the email was sent successful, maybe is true and was sent, did you check in the spam folder ?

Yes checked junk mail.

If I send from backoffice email test send, it works.

If I send from front end contact form it rarely works (but a couple of mails got through.

Of all the orders made in Paypal, just 2 have been registered in the backoffice.

I have now resolved by using a smtp email that was not GoDaddy standard.

In all my time working with Prestashop, I have never come across such a situation, and am on the verge of changing host (using GoDaddy for this one, and all though their support is friendly and helpful, the fact is, I should always be having to call support if things worked how they should)

Edited by jeyjoo (see edit history)