[solved] Translation field problem with one specific language only.

Hi,

I have a multilanguage module instaled and it translates well on the module configuration in BO for the 5 languages that are installed by default. After, i instaled a new language (PT) and deleted the IT and GER lang.

The problem is that the translations for my new PT language don't work. I type something in the empty fields for the PT language, save the changes and nothing: the fields always remain empty, like i've never typed anything. If i click on the FR or ES flag, the fields retain the text (and it shows on the front end, as it should).

It's strange because it works for the other languages but not on the PT. What could it be? Any tips?

Thanks.

PS 1.4.8.2

Edited by mtm (see edit history)

have you checked error reporting ? maybe you've got some kind of issues with parsing etc? 

it is worth to check it

Hi vekia,

Can you tell me how to do it? What should i do? Can you point me the steps?

Thanks.

Hi vekia,

I think it's not related but when i open in Chrome the console to inspect elements, it display an error:

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: mclosetime is not defined /prestashop/?id_lang=6:158
    1. onload

id_lang=6 is the PT language that doesn't work on this particular case but i get this same error if i change the flag language to another one that works:

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: mclosetime is not defined /prestashop/?id_lang=1:155
    1. onload

So, what do i do now that i changed the code to turn error report on, as you sugested? I don't know how to identify errors...

Thanks.

This problem may occur because usually the default max_input_vars on share hosting is 1000

If your hoster allowing to use custom php.ini, try to create php.ini file with this config

max_input_vars = 10000

And if your hosting use mod_suphp, modify your .htaccess file and add this on the top

<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
suPHP_ConfigPath /PATH_TO_YOUR_PRESTASHOP/
</IfModule>

PATH_TO_YOUR_PRESTASHOP can be seen on your cPanel, ussually /home/cPanel_user_id/publlic_html/

And then try to translate PT language

Thanks for the input, gonebdg.

I'll try to contact them tomorrow to sort this out (well, a weekend - plus with a 9 year old daughter birthday...) and see if this can solve the problem.

I'll give you some feedback though.

Thanks again.

Hi gonebdg,

This problem may occur because usually the default max_input_vars on share hosting is 1000

If your hoster allowing to use custom php.ini, try to create php.ini file with this config

max_input_vars = 10000

No, they don't allow that because they say it can/will create conficts. However, the max_input_vars were changed (see below).

And if your hosting use mod_suphp, modify your .htaccess file and add this on the top

They say they do use mod_suphp but the modifications must be made by them (host).
Should i ask them to make those changes?

Anyway, i asked them to increase the max_input_vars and this is my current server configuration (from the info.php file):

max_input_vars: 40000
memory_limit: 128M

So, i belive the problem is not on the max_input_vars limit. Do you need some more info from my info.php output other than this?

Basically, the translation problem still remains...

Any sugestions?