Quick Search Block Module Bug

I could not find any information in the forum on this so I wanted to report it and hope there is an answer for fixing it or at least getting it fixed for the future. I'm still using the RC3 at the moment.

The Quick Search Block Module, once installed, displays itself on the top center of my webpage. I would not mind this so much except it is right in the middle of my new header logo which goes across the entire top of the page. I have tried to use the transplant module feature from the back office admin and, although it will put the quick search block on either the right or left column blocks as I choose, it will not remove the quick search block from the center and top of the webpage. The only way so far that I've found to remove it from the center/top position is to uninstall the quick search module all together.

When I used the transplant module feature with other blocks, such as Top Sellers, New Products, Categories, etc., the transplant would create a "duplicate" in the new place and then I would have to remove the one from the block I didn't want it in - from the left or right colunm blocks - leaving just one on the page. This, however, does not work for the Quick Search block - it's either in both places, at the top center, or uninstalled. I don't want to keep it uninstalled as it is very valuable tool for customers. However, there must be a way to get it away from the top/center of my webpage hopefully soon.

Thanks so much

Hi,

This is not a bug.

If you transplate a module on a hook, you need to create PHP function in this module for the hook.

I mean, in CurrencyBlock you have this function : function hookTop($params).
If you transplant the CurrencyBlock on RightColumn, you need to create : function hookRightColumn($params).

This way you can have different view of the block for different hook.
Without function for the current hook, nothing will appear.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...