Customer Support IMAP settings caching issue.

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is enjoying Prestashop as I am!

This is my first post at PS forums and I am very exited about it.

Now obviously I am having a few issues that I can't figure out by myself and need your help.

There are a couple of issues that I need to fix in relation to Customer Support for PS 1.5.6.0

1. Changing Customer Service IMAP email account does not work.

Initially I wasn't able to send email and this post helped me out. Great post  :)

But I wasn't very happy to see that I am not quiet there yet with what information I want to send to customers. -_-

I am guessing there is some kind of caching that stops Prestashop from picking up new email account. I even tried deleting the IMAP URL, user and password fields. It still sends an email.

I logged in using another account into back office and tried through it, still the same result.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to resolve it?

2. Customer Service email replies received by customers shows sender name as u <[email protected]>.

However point to be noted; when a customer uses Contact Us form, the thank you email received by customer shows Customer service <[email protected]>. Note that the email address is same in both the cases yet name is different. This one is really strange. I don't have a clue why this is happening?

3. How to change email message template that customer receives?

There is no module/menu in back office that can be used to change the auto generated email template. I am guessing I will have to do a code hack. Anybody knows which files to hack?

Prestashop has come a long way and is improving fast. It would be nice to see these things fixed in upcoming versions of Prestashop.

Thanks guys,

Amit