[SOLVED] Change color with mouse over in Categories Block?

Hello everyone,

here i am with another "problem". My customer is asking me something that, as usual, i can't figure out. Checked all the files and so, but no idea what to do: when i move the mouse on the links of the block Categories, i'd like that the background of the link i'm over changes color, like happens in the other menus (Home and so).

What i have to modify to add the color when i'm over the link with the mouse? And is it possible to remove the "underline" (like if it's normal text and not a link, just has to change color without any other effect)?

Thanks again in advance ;)

Edited by shinnokdrako (see edit history)

Hello everyone,

here i am with another "problem". My customer is asking me something that, as usual, i can't figure out. Checked all the files and so, but no idea what to do: when i move the mouse on the links of the block Categories, i'd like that the background of the link i'm over changes color, like happens in the other menus (Home and so).

What i have to modify to add the color when i'm over the link with the mouse? And is it possible to remove the "underline" (like if it's normal text and not a link, just has to change color without any other effect)?

Thanks again in advance ;)

what theme you use? default one?

can you share url to your website?

no worries :)

i've got most important informations now :)

so, basically, you can do it with css styles

#categories_block_left li a:hover {
	background:red;
}

you can of course define own styles like color, size, weight, backgrund image etc.

add this code somewhere in global.css, you will see how it works :)

• Like 1

Wow, perfect!! Many thanks again Vekia! And about the "underline", is there a way to eliminate it?

From this:  > Product A    to this:   > Product A (with colored background)

About the background, now it's done and it's perfect. But about the underline i can't find any hint about it in the css, to remove it.

Wow, perfect!! Many thanks again Vekia! And about the "underline", is there a way to eliminate it?

From this:  > Product A    to this:   > Product A (with colored background)

About the background, now it's done and it's perfect. But about the underline i can't find any hint about it in the css, to remove it.

Product? you mean category probably

if category, here it is:

#categories_block_left li a:hover, #categories_block_left li a{

text-decoration:none!important;

}

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I know this is many years later, but I seem to be having a problem with the information block and manufactures. When I hover over them, they go white text with white background. I need black background with white text if possible, just like categories. I can't seem to find the text for this.

I have prestashop 1.6.3.1 and it's a custom theme made from the default one.  Would it be in the global.css?