allow customers to upload files on a cms page

Hey all,

I'm wanting to build a page where customers can upload files (images) to my web server, just wondering if anyone is aware of any modules out there either free or paid (lower price scale) that can offer this, preferably either this would plug into a CMS page or have a page I can add text above/below the submission field. 

I suppose I could adapt a custom contact form to do this also.

The form will be used for design submissions, where the submitter would be required to upload a small jpeg preview as well as the original artwork, which could be up t a 500mb PSD file.

Hey all,

I'm wanting to build a page where customers can upload files (images) to my web server, just wondering if anyone is aware of any modules out there either free or paid (lower price scale) that can offer this, preferably either this would plug into a CMS page or have a page I can add text above/below the submission field. 

I suppose I could adapt a custom contact form to do this also.

The form will be used for design submissions, where the submitter would be required to upload a small jpeg preview as well as the original artwork, which could be up t a 500mb PSD file.

by default prestashop has got possibility to upload files (only gif, jpeg). you can check two modules:

module files uploader

customer files upload

Hi Veika,

I did see both of these modules,

• Module Files Upload, is to expensive
  • yours is only for uploading when placing an order, i need people to upload files independently of an order

We are adding a section to our store where users can upload Art work they have made, visitors to our site will then be able to rate these entries, with the best ones being chosen to be printed on t-shirts and eventually offered for sale, I have decided to just make a separate product category and list these entries as items that can't be bought (no price) and rely on a prestashop rating/comment system for voting.  I just need a way for users to upload their files to us, I could make a stand alone page but I would prefer it fit in with the look and feel of our shop.

in this case you will need to do a custom coding.

In my opinion the best solution for you will be a module with separate page to upload artworks.

It's because CMS feature hasn't got possibility to dispaly any hook (hook is a place where modules appears like left / right columns)

• 1 year later...

Hi

I'm trying to develop a new module to upload XML file from vendors.I got stuck at very early stage.(As I'm new to prestashop).

First I'm trying to upload file to server.

I just cant access file up loader controller at tpl file.

public function assignConfiguration() 

{ 

$enable_comments = Configuration::get('uploadfilevalue'); 

$uploads_dir = '/uploads';

$tmp_name = $_FILES["enable_comments"]["tmp_name"];

$name = $_FILES["enable_comments"]["name"];

move_uploaded_file($tmp_name, "$uploads_dir/$name"); //This doesn't work

} 

public function processConfiguration ()

{

if (Tools::isSubmit('mymod_pc_form')) 

{