Delay when adding products to cart and "no carrier avalable" error

I'm getting a significant delay (between 12 - 20 seconds) when I try to add a product to my shopping cart. I believe it might be due to the fact that I have three configured shipping modules (usps, ups and fedex) and it's trying to query them before adding the items to the cart. I then hover my mouse over the shopping cart in the upper right and it drops down and shows the items in my cart. However it says that there's free shipping even though the item price is not high enough to qualify for my free shipping. When I go in to view the shopping cart I drop down the state selection and choose New York and put the zip 10101 into the field and the shipping initially comes up with "No carrier has been made available for this selection." or something like that. I'll hit the "update carrier list" button and it THEN properly updates the shipping options.

So to summarize I'm getting three distinct bugs:

1. Delay when adding products.

2. Free shipping is listed when hovering over cart even though item added doesn't have a high enough price to qualify for free shipping.

3. In the cart view shipping initially says no carriers are available for selection and only updates AFTER I hit "update carrier list."

I'm using prestashop 1.5.6.0

shop: www.tracerzpro.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm getting a significant delay (between 12 - 20 seconds) when I try to add a product to my shopping cart. I believe it might be due to the fact that I have three configured shipping modules (usps, ups and fedex) and it's trying to query them before adding the items to the cart. I then hover my mouse over the shopping cart in the upper right and it drops down and shows the items in my cart. However it says that there's free shipping even though the item price is not high enough to qualify for my free shipping. When I go in to view the shopping cart I drop down the state selection and choose New York and put the zip 10101 into the field and the shipping initially comes up with "No carrier has been made available for this selection." or something like that. I'll hit the "update carrier list" button and it THEN properly updates the shipping options.

So to summarize I'm getting three distinct bugs:

1. Delay when adding products.

2. Free shipping is listed when hovering over cart even though item added doesn't have a high enough price to qualify for free shipping.

3. In the cart view shipping initially says no carriers are available for selection and only updates AFTER I hit "update carrier list."

I'm using prestashop 1.5.6.0

shop: www.tracerzpro.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

me too have the same problem :-(

Well I'm not the only one having this problem. That's good. I'm new to this forum. What do I have to do to get a response from someone who knows a thing or two? I'm not above nefarious rituals and howling at the full moon if that'll help me get my shop up and working.

The delay is caused by your server. You are more than likely on a shared server that is oversold and not devoting enough resources to the application. This is not a bug, but an issue with using a bad host. 

The free shipping you are seeing is because of the translations. You can change that to say what ever you want. 

That is expected behavior for a non logged in user. 

I was able to cut down the delay to about 6 seconds by disabling all the shipping modules except fedex. (A six second delay is still pretty bad).

The free shipping is not due to the translations (I know how smarty works) it should be listing the prices according to tier and populating the price from the shipping module. It's saying "free" instead of 8.95 (or whatever the price would be).

I get the same problem when I'm logged in as a user.