[Solved]Modules that must be called in more than one back-end position

Hi Masters,

I write this topic because I've noted a relevant particular: some modules, to work well, must be setted in more than one position; for example, layered filter block must be setted both in Lateral Sidebar and in the Header; or user info block and language block must be setted both in Top Area and in Header, to work properly.

So, can anyone report a list of blocks that must be setted in different areas to work well? because I think this can help all members of comunity to know the rules to set the blocks (in the official  guide I haven't found nothing about this, but maybe I should have read it better...).

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english...

Edited by faxlain (see edit history)

header is a section where module loads own libraries like css/js. It's "invisible" hook.

this is very important hook, it mean also that it is necessary.

basically, if module use header hook, it must be attached there (don't remove module from header hook becasue it will not work).

Hi Sir,

how can I know what modules have header hooks, without to open .tpl files? Do exist some logical rules to follow to know if a module needs to be setted in more than one position? and above all, are there other positions "invisible" as important as the Header? I ask you because I have spent a lot of time before I realized why my layered filter looked like a "piece of DOS" page...

All modules while installing are attached to module "default" hooks (each module is different, each module uses different hooks)

So if you installed module, and it is attached to "header" it mean that this hook is necessary for this module.

You can simply reinstall module to see for what hooks module belongs in modules > positions.

Unfortunately there is no way to check which hooks are necessary for module. The only way to know that is... module php code analysis.

All hooks with "display" (for example displayHome, displayLeftColumn) in name are visible (in these hooks .tpl files appears). 

Hooks with "action" in name (for example  actionCategoryDelete, actionValidateOrder) aren't visible and these hooks are usually necessary