How to install themes?

How do you install themes on prestashop? I have already uploaded themes into the "theme" folder and prestashop does show the themes. However, when I click on the theme it says "settings saved" but then goes back to the default prestashop theme. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried to install Darlita 1.1 and Brun theme (1.2.2 from iloveprestashop.com) and none of them seem to work. Is it because I am using 1.2.4? Cause I have read other posts, where they have successfully installed Darlita 2 on 1.2.2 stores.

Hi Shamrok,

The version of Prestashop I am using is Version 1.2.4.0 - 5.192s and the templates such as Darlita 2 which is 1.1 compliant (http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/18693/themes___graphics/darylita_2__free_theme_for_prestashop_1_dot_1). What I did was extract the folder onto my server in the themes folder and go to appearance and click on it. But like I said before it just goes back to the default prestashop.

Sorry i'm spanish and my english it very poor...

The cfg theme tabs not use mysql, use the settings.inc.php file, you need change the chmod for config/ or edit the file settings.inc.php and change the variable:
- define('_THEME_NAME_', 'prestashop');
for
- define('_THEME_NAME_', 'your folder name theme');

muchas gracias por el informacion. Ahora mi sito foncionna, pero no peudo ver el shopping cart, sabes porque?

English is the only language used in the English forum.

If you would like to post in other languages, please post in the right forum.