Need a method for frequent Inventory Updates

I have been struggling with trying to find a method to simply update inventory levels on a frequent basis (3-4 times per week and approx 700 products). The changes from 1.4 to 1.5 in the way the database makes this much harder because quantities exist in multiple database tables, especially with products that have combinations. I have tried store manager but even with that, you need to get another addon module to get it to work properly. Maybe I am missing something but as an ecommerce shopping cart, accurate inventory is a must for customers and not having a method within Prestashop to do this basic yet VITAL function is disheartening. I have had others from the forum also contact me about this and things I have tried to get this simple task accomplished so I know others are struggling with this.

Is there not a simple way, even if I have to create a custom excel sheet that can be uploaded into mysql database outside of prestashop to be able to accomplish this? I have set up a spreadsheet with vlookup functions to upload product inventory levels to amazon and it take about 15 minutes to update. Doing it through prestashop, as it stands now, takes hours and hours doing them one at a time in the Back Office product page.

Thanks for any input from others who have been down this road and more experienced than I am :)

• 5 months later...

This is still an issue and I am surprised nobody else if having to deal with this? Especially trying to update products without attibutes and products with attributes

I need to be able to add approx 10,000 new items and be able to make daily inventory updates.

Doing manual updates on 700 items is a huge waste of time. 

Do I give up trying with 1.5?

Is 1.6 any better with this?

I Could really use some more experienced advice than what I have been able to provide to others.

• 1 year later...

This is still an issue and I am surprised nobody else if having to deal with this? Especially trying to update products without attibutes and products with attributes

I need to be able to add approx 10,000 new items and be able to make daily inventory updates.

Doing manual updates on 700 items is a huge waste of time. 

Do I give up trying with 1.5?

Is 1.6 any better with this?

I Could really use some more experienced advice than what I have been able to provide to others.

Almost a year later and the problem continues. Seems that there is a paid module, but i would like to know which one is it and how much.