CSV product update clears categories 1.5.6.0

Hi Guys,

Just noticed something strange whilst using CSV to import features to existing products. I uploaded a CSV using the reference as key which had 2 columns, just the reference and product features. It updated the product but moved them all the 'home' category.

It added the features fine, but cleared all of the product categories.

This is not too much of an issue becuase i used another CSV with the reference and categories again which updated the categories again, but this does seem to be a minor bug?

Unless you have to include the categories with every product update, which seems unlikely.

Just wanted to warn people who use the CSV imports that updating a CSV to update products will do this. 

EDIT

It also clears stock levels. And adjusts everything to 0 :(

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

Well before it would clear everything, which now it does not, it just clears quantity and category. This was supposed to have been fixed, and it is partially.

Before you could not use the reference as key, and if you used the ID it would clear all information, including description, which is now fixed.

I just thought this had all been fixed.

But you can now update details with just the reference but you also need to make sure that quantity and categories are included, otherwise they clear.

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I tested the dev version and using reference as key works without destroying any other fields! Next I will modify the AdminImportController of the dev version with these changes and see how it goes: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280975-modification-adminimportcontroller-update-products-attributes-and-their-quantities-to-warehouse/

EDIT: I realized that PS 1.5.6.1 was just released as an official update and it has the exact same AdminImportController.php as the one I tested so this is fixed in stable!

Edited by Beluga (see edit history)