I hope someone can help me with this problem. I'm trying to set up a shop for the United States only. When setting up the format for the customer address in Localization, I entered the following info for the Country United States:

firstname lastname
company
address1
address2
city
State:iso_code
postcode
phone

However the state is not visible in the address fields in customer registration, see screenshot

Screen shot 2013-11-10 at 2.31.28 PM.png

I also tried state:name.

The 'Contains following states' box below is checked yes and States are linked to the Country United States.

When I try to save the information that it has fields for I get the error in

Screen shot 2013-11-10 at 2.34.19 PM.png

I am not asking for a Country ID in my address setup, why would it require it. All my business is for the US and we won't need a Country ID.

This is giving me a headache and I can't seem to find posts on this that I can apply to my situation. I'd much appreciate some pointers.

Thanks

Heidi

post-647812-0-39145200-1384122780_thumb.png

post-647812-0-87113000-1384122930_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this post from you now. Ok let me try to recall. I had so many things to fix on this website and am still trying other stuff that's not working, that I kinda dropped this problem in the 'fixed, file away' drawer of my brain once I got it right. It was actually pretty stupid simple, except that I didn't come accross it till waisting way too much time trying other things. All I needed to do was to change the link in countries>United States to one of my 7 shipping zones instead of to 'North America'. I think it is because 'North America is not used with any shipping carriers and all states are linked to one of the shipping zones. That's all I had to change and it didn't matter what shipping zone I linked to, as long as it was one I had linked with of the states. Hope that makes sense.