How to change the behavior of block category menu in prestashop 1.5.6.0

I want to set up my categories block so that toggling on the Parent category causes the subcategories to drop down and hide on toggle back, and then clicking on the subcategory takes you to the product page where you see the list of products. Right now, clicking on the main category takes you to a lists of subcategories and I do not like this behavior. Please I need urgent help with this. Thanks.

Edited by sage_ (see edit history)

you mean that instead of cubcategory page you want to redirect to the product page?

if so, what is the sense of categories block usage? it will be much easier to use simple link block module (just create links to product pag

That is the way my client wants it. I did explained this to her and offered to do it just as you advised but she refused to buy into it. I need this help to give her what she want. This is my first Prestashop job and I want to see that I adapt it to the clients specification. I will really appreciate it if someone out there can come up with the help i need. thanks.

ok, so let's clarify it a bit more.

in block categories module you've got list of categories.

after clicking on category link you want to be redirected to product page?

or maybe you want to create automatic redirection on category page (not in block categories item)

hope that i explained my question well and you see the difference between these two kinds of redirections

ok, so let's clarify it a bit more.

in block categories module you've got list of categories.

after clicking on category link you want to be redirected to product page?

or maybe you want to create automatic redirection on category page (not in block categories item)

hope that i explained my question well and you see the difference between these two kinds of redirections

I just want the drop down to show when you click on the main category(The exact behavior you get when you click the "+" image). But if I can't get to have this behavior then I won't mind it redirect to the product page.I am sorry if I don't understand you or may be if I am not clear enough.

Edited by sage_ (see edit history)