Upgraded PS ver. 1.5.5.0 very slow when updating products

Hi,

I have upgraded at shop for a customer. It was running 1.3.6 and it is upgraded to 1.5.5.0. Everything is working fine execpt when updating products. I have read various posts about slow back office in this version but I have not been able to find the error in this shop.

When I make a new product or update a product price, quantity and click save, it takes up to 20 seconds. I found a post where it said that there is a problem with the Yotpo module which can slow BO down. This module is not installed. Another post states that disabling most wanted modules in the code helps. But this hasn't made any changes either.

I have tried to run the profiler and get a very long file that starts out with this: Load time: 460ms
Good boy! That's what I call a webserver!

There are over 1100 lines in the "report" and I can't make out if there is anything that can be improved. I have searched for error, warning, warn - and there is nothing.

Can someone guide me what to look for - or even better, if someone has the ultimate fix for the slow BO which seems to be an issue in this version, I would be very grateful.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. Frontoffice is ok and back office in general is also ok, but product update is very slow. I have 1500 products and over 100 categories.

I read something about deleting the languages that are not used. What seemed to work for me was clearing the smarty cache, I notice a great improvement, but it is still slow managing products...

Did you found more solutions?

PD:sorry for my poor english ;)

Hi,

I found out that the problem could be with the host, as the shop is installed at another host without problems. I am not sure what my customer's host ended up doing - if anything. Clearing cache definitely helps, but only for a short while, so it is not a proper solution.

• 10 months later...