Moving the product comments / ratings up

One thing that has bugged me for a while is that the default product ratings / comments appear below the 'add to cart' button and then push the long description/tabs down the page, close to or below the fold.  Not good because the customer doesn't then see all the extra information.

So, after a few hours I have managed to fix this with a simple CSS change. Now the disclaimer, I have done this with my theme, it's not extensively tested though I have put it through the web developer responsive themes checker to make sure it doesn't mess the other layouts.

I also have no idea if this is the right way to do it.  It's just the way that worked for me today!

Here are my changes:

In productcomments.css I amended the following:

#product_comments_block_extra {
padding: 0 0 0 0;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 12px;
line-height: 18px;
float: left;
width: 160px;
margin-top: 15px;
}

In product.css I amended the following:
.content_prices {
margin: 10px 0;
padding-top: 10px;
text-align: right;
float: right;
width: 230px;
}

You can tweak as needed.  Essentially, it creates a two column layout.

Final disclosure, I am not a CSS expert, not even close.  I can tweak in Firebug.  Please don't reply with problems on your site because I won't be able to help, even if I had the time to! :-)

This is here to help anyone in a similar position who needs a quick tip.

Thanks.

You're absolutely correct, Vekia--it depends on your theme and what layout you have. I posted this just in case it's the missing answer for someone in a similar position.

I'm using a theme generated using the excellent http://presta-theme-maker.com/. It uses a left column on a main page whereas the default theme also has a right column.  Anyway, you can see www.galvoshredders.co.uk for how it looks.

Edited by pchapple (see edit history)