carts without users

Hello to all,

for a week I have a problem with my two sites. I state that are installed on 2 different hosting , they are created with 2 different versions ( the 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 ) and use 2 different templates.

In any case, a few days in the page of carts I see that very often during the day, are created carts 4-5000 € (sometimes 20K ) , with products of the same category. The fact is that on the site, in fact, when the baskets are created , there are no active users, or however other users are matched to other baskets or pages, then I wonder if this situation can be the result of an attempt attack or what .

In practice , it does not lead to anything , because once the cart is created, it is as it were "loaded " product for about 10-15 minutes and then the end , does not create a user or next order , but it seems to me rather strange and disturbing.  :wacko:

I also did check to my hosting for the presence of viruses or strange files on the server, but it seems everything is ok .

So from what can be the problem? How can I avoid it?

Thanks for the suggestions :)

(sorry for my english not very well :wub: )

Lets assume for a second that this is a 'bot' that is accessing your shop and adding products to carts.

look for calls to those products...note the ip address

look for patterns of this behavior, again noting the ip address(es)

if you isolate suspected IP addresses you can

1. look for  ip .htacess block

2. load vikeias ban ip module (he has ban one ip free module) search forum

3. determine country that ip(s) belong to, and if you do not sell in those countries, enable native ps geo location, and set countriy(ies) to not allow shopping from